three

this one's long oops

Word Count: 3958

It came quicker than I expected. One morning I woke up, and it was Friday.

My eyes rapidly opened and closed. I was trying to wake up, but the sunlight wasn't agreeing with me. It blinded me every time I opened my eyes, yet I kept opening them. It was like I couldn't keep myself from opening them.

My pace slowed as my eyes finally adjusted to the light. I lifted an arm slowly and placed it on my head, slowly rubbing my eyes. I moved my arm to my bedside table, moving it around in the dark, trying to find my phone, which was going off, as I had set an alarm, and it was blaring My Petersburg from Anastasia. I finally found it. The screen was cold, as my house was too. I picked it up, the light from the screen blinding me. 5:01 a.m. is what it read, plastered above my lock screen, which was a picture of myself and the Heathers. I pressed snooze and dropped my phone back onto the bedside table. I turned onto my side, facing away from my nightstand and closed my eyes again. My face felt gross. My hair felt gross. Everything felt gross. I was not a morning person. I prefered staying up late, doing whatever I feel like doing. However, it was the morning, not the night. I wanted to get up, but my body was telling me no. Well, that was before my phone dinged. Then, I shot up and grabbed my phone again. It was a text from Heather. Heather McNamara. I opened her text quickly.

Heather M:

Heyyyy, i'm getting ready rn

Heather M:

just wanted to let u know duke is gonna pick us up and she already picked up Heather

(y/n):

Yeah, I wonder how that's going.

Heather M:

haha, yea xP

Heather M:

Just make sure you're ready

Heather M:

I think she's picking u up last

(y/n):

kk

I finally got up, with tons of hesitation. I immediately headed for my closet to find something to wear. I swiped through the hangers covering the rod being held up by screws in my wall. My closet consisted of mainly blue outfits. The Heathers had chosen a color scheme. My cousin was red, Duke was green, and Mac was yellow. Obviously, I was blue. I had blue shirts, skirts, even shoes. So, the shirt I ended up choosing was light blue, loose, thin, and long sleeved. It had a rectangular neck. I really like rectangular necks for some reason. They were just cute and unique, I guess. Anyway, for bottoms, I chose light blue jeans, which were a different light blue shade than the shirt, I'd like to point out. I chose some white flip flops, which had become discolored due to how much I wore them.

I changed into my outfits quickly, trying to be done before they got there. Before moving on, though, I pulled my (h/c) hair up into a messy bun with a light blue scrunchie after quickly brushing through it. Then, I spritzed some mint scented perfume in different places on my body. I still wasn't sure of the exact spot you were supposed to apply it in, so I applied it on places like my neck and wrist. I then applied deodorant.

Now I went downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen, eating some sort of off-brand cereal. She bought these huge bags at Walmart, which tasted the same as on-brand cereals, but they had weird mocking names, which always weirded me out.

"Hey, mom." I smiled at her.

"Hi." She replied. "Do you need something to eat before you go?" She asked.