*Attack On the Senator*

Start from the beginning

"But for certain, Senator, in grave danger, you are." Master Yoda nodded

"Master Jedi..." the Chancellor piped up. "May I suggest, that the Senator be placed under the protection of your graces."

"I have already have a Jedi protector Chancellor...Master Barlette." Padmé waved her hand at the Jedi beside her.

"Yes, Chancellor. I've been Senator Amidala's protector for ten years now. I believe I'm fully capable of protecting her by myself during this crisis." Azyalia clasped her hands together tightly, not letting on that she was nervous about speaking in a room full of powerful people.

Formality was never Azaylia's strong suit...She cringed at the memory that had popped into her mind. She once addressed Padmé as "Padmé" instead of Senator Amidala in a very important meeting with other Senators. She felt completely mortified and sat in her room for three days writing greeting cards on slips of paper that she had stuffed in her pocket, pulling them out when she needed them. Of course, Azaylia had forgotten to bring them along. She prayed she did well enough without the papers this time...

"I'm not saying your aren't capable...Master Barlette...I'm saying that it might be better to have even more Jedi protection."

"Do you really think this is a wise decision under these stressful times?" Senator Bail Organa of Alederaan asked, knowing that Jedi were often busy.

"Chancellor if I may comment. I do not believe-" Padmé was interrupted by Chancellor Palpatine.

"The situation is that serious? Well, I do Senator. I realize all to well then that additional security might be disruptive for you," Padmé's eyes flicked to, sending her a telepathic message. Azaylia received it and sent back one of her own. Both women wore  unimpressed expressions. Chancellor Palpatine continued, "But perhaps...an old friend of yours and Master Barlette's..." Azaylia's ears perked up at the mention of "an old friend".  Who could he be talking about? "Master...Kenobi." He smiled. Azaylia's eyes widen and, despite her desperate chanting, her cheeks heated up.

Azaylia hadn't seen nor talked to Obi-Wan since she left for Naboo. The last time they saw each other they...well...they had kissed! Padmé's lips quirked up at Azaylia's reaction.

"That's possible. He's just returned from a border dispute on Antione." Master Windu nodded.

"Great. He's available." Azaylia thought to herself, glancing down at the floor.

"Do it for me M'lady please. The thought of losing you is...unbearable." Chancellor Palpatine concluded.

"I will have Obi-Wan report to you immediately." Master Windu said to Padmé.

"Thank you Master."

"Yes Master Windu, Thank you." Azaylia bowed stiffly trying not to choke on her own saliva.

Azaylia soon realized that she had a problem on her hands. A sandy-haired, blue-eyed problem...
>>>

Azaylia was sitting on a couch, in Padmé's huge apartment grumbling to herself when Padmé came and sat beside her bouncing a little on the cushions like a young girl. "What's wrong Zayli?" Padmé asked, touching her shoulder gently.

Azaylia sighed, her chest heaving, "The Chancellor doesn't think I'm capable of protecting you Padmé...but I am. I don't need Master Kenobi, the "ideal, perfect, follower of the Code" Jedi to assist me! I'm sure I can protect someone on my own." She looked out the window and watched Coruscant bustle with evening traffic.

"Whoa. Alright then." Padmé chuckled quietly at how snappy she currently was. "But...aren't you a little excited to see Master Kenobi? I mean you remember what happened before we left for Naboo...you must remember."

Azaylia did remember. The way his robes smelt of musky citrus, the way his eyes lit up like a lightsaber after she pulled away from the kiss, the way his lips had tasted of sugar as if he eaten something sweet earlier in the day. Azaylia knew how much he loved sweet things. The way his hands perfectly fit in hers and how she never wanted to let them go. She missed him dearly, but she was annoyed at him for being so perfect. So Obi-Wan-like.
"I do remember Padmé." Azaylia's voice softened. "But he probably doesn't. He has much more important things to think about. He's probably not even excited to see me again..." She concludes. Little did she know, there were two Jedi who were bursting with anticipation to see both Padmé and Azaylia after not seeing them for nearly ten years.
>>>

Obi-Wan stood in the elevator, watching it go up the floors with his hands clasped tightly together. He fought the strong urge to tap his foot on the floor. This elevator was much too slow. Anakin was fixing and finicking with his robes, trying to make himself look as best he could. "You seem a little on edge." Obi-Wan pointed out. Anakin put his hands down by his side again.

"Not at all."

"I haven't felt you this tense since-since we fell into that nest of Gundarks." Obi-Wan remembered the funny memory.

"You fell into that nightmare Master and I rescued you remember?" Anakin said with a small scoff.

"Oh..." Obi-Wan glanced to the side. "Yes." A chuckle escaped his mouth. He couldn't suppress it. Anakin quietly laughed along with his Master. Obi-Wan looked at Anakin's forehead, where beads of sweat were starting to form.

"You're sweating. Relax! Take a deep breath." Obi-Wan advised.

"I haven't seen her in ten years Master."

Obi-Wan knew who he was talking about. Senator Amidala. He guessed that Anakin had a crush on the Senator but never pressed him for answers.

"And why aren't you tense Master? Our dear Zayli will be there." Anakin pointed out with a smirk.

"Oh Sith." Obi-Wan tensed, wishing his Padawan hadn't said anything. Although he'd never admit it, he'd thought about Azaylia everyday since she left for Naboo. He was nervous to see her again. He was just better at hiding it...
"Yes. And? Master Barlette is like me. She puts her duties before her feelings Anakin."

"Are you sure? You weren't the one who lived with her for ten years."

"Yes. Well, I knew her long before you so..." Obi-Wan's sentence trailed off as he thought about the last time he saw her.

Anakin chuckled, "Lost your train of thought Master?"

"I suppose I have."
>>>

Azyalia heard the doors of the elevator open which made her jump. Her palms became sweaty. She wasn't ready to see him again. She debated whether or not to jump out the window. She shook her head at her silliness. Seeing Obi-Wan would be better then killing herself.
She heard Jar Jar exclaim all the way from where she was seated, "Obi? Obiii!  Mesa smilen to be seein yousa!"

Jar Jar had given Azyalia the same type of welcome. She laughed at the thought.
"Good to see you again Jar Jar." She heard a familiar voice say. Was that Obi-Wan? His voice had changed. It become more deep and much more smooth.

"Oh, boy this is where the fun begins..."

"Senator Padmé, Masteren Zayli. Mesa palos arrived! Lookie lookie Senator. Thesa Jedi arrived!" He moved to the side so Padmé could see. Azaylia felt the warm presence she hadn't felt in so long.

Obi-Wan Kenobi...