He raises his brows with incredulity. "I meant that sarcastically. You were actually thinking about marrying her?"

"Not thinking. I will." I turn to the board again and look over the names of the men I know would turn with me if given the right motivation. I snap my fingers at Mitch. "Enough gawking. Status updates on the new locations."

He has trouble finding his voice but clears his throat after a brief moment. "Um, three safe-houses closed down on with full payment, one weaponry store sold with complete rights, two gyms in low-income areas for boxing and MMA training, and a handful of security required at each. You're looking at about thirty new jobs."

"Then I'll need thirty men." My eyes scan the twelve I have so far. "Who else?"

"You'd seriously marry her, Raze? You barely know each other." He points out and I sigh, sensing he won't drop it.

"Ask me anything about her then."

He mirrors my stance and crosses his arms. I know he's just worried about me as a friend so I humour him. "Last name."

"Simon."

"Age."

"Twenty-nine."

"Worst fear."

"Dying with regrets. Not having a good relationship with her children if she had any."

"Dreams."

"Owning a gallery of her paintings and one day selling out."

"Something she's never told you but you figured out about her anyways."

"She would like to be a mother. She watches children all the time, especially when they interact with their parents. She wants a girl and she'd name her Emily. I may have read that in one of her diaries."

"I thought you didn't want kids."

"I do if they're hers. Why wouldn't I love more of Laura in this world?"

Mitch finally loses the toughness on his face, his mouth tugging into a smirk. "Better make me best man then."

"Better follow my orders then." I punch his arm, though on the inside I'm pleased of his approval. At least some one does. "Let's finish this."

He groans. "Food first. Would it kill you to feed me while making me do all this secret dirty work?"

My lips twitch reluctantly. "Fine. But something healthy. Part of your training is a good diet."

"Yes, mother." He rolls his eyes and grabs his keys. I follow suit, throwing on a jacket and wiping the board clean before we head out.

Mitch drives so I take the rare free time to collect my thoughts. The truth is I am not sure if I can pull this off. The men who have agreed to work for me could get cold feet and confess to Father. Laura might not want to be with me after all this time. Everything about this is still dangerous. All I know is that it is better than sitting on my ass and wishing for a new life instead of making it happen. No matter what happens, I am going to be selfish. I am going to do better because that's what Laura taught me. And Laura is always right, I've learned.

"Not healthy." I voice my disapproval at the restaurant Mitch pulls into.

"We've been working hard as fuck for months and deserve to kick back a little," He throws back, parking. I may make grown men all around the city shit their pants at just the mention of my name but Mitch has far since stopped being afraid of me. If anything he's a little too comfortable but I find humour in it.

We walk inside and head for a booth at the back and a waitress is beside us instantly. She eyes Mitch with obvious interest and he notices, putting on a smirk and playing it sweet. I roll my eyes, knowing he's likely to go home with her tonight. In the months I've worked with Mitch one on one and gotten to know him, I've learned he loves women a lot. Too much to ever settle down with one.