"Then how do you suggest I get down?" I could tell that she was starting to panic.

The sun setting in the background was definitely not helping the situation. I continued to look around and grinned, "You could use that!"

She followed my line of sight and her eyes widened, "Are you insane?!"

"Oh come on. It's worth a shot," I shrugged.

"You want me to swing on this vine to the ground below?" She asked with an edge to her voice.

"Well yeah," I nodded my head, "But make sure it supports your weight first before you swing."

"And what if I lose my grip and fall?" She asked as her voice tremored.

"I will catch you," I replied firmly, "You got this. I have complete faith in you."

She nervously got on her feet and reached for the vine. I watched for any signs of her falling. She was able to grab the vine and looked down at me, "N-Now what?"

"Pull on the vine. Make sure it's sturdy but please be careful," I called back.

I watched as she tugged on the vine. It seemed to be sturdy but I didn't want to take any chances.

"Sit down again and try to lift yourself up on the vine. If it snaps then you'll just fall a few inches," I suggested.

She followed my instructions and sat back down on the tree branch with her legs crossed. She gripped the vine very hard as she lifted her whole body up. The vine was holding! She nervously smiled down at me, "I think it's good."

"Okay. Try sliding down the vine. Do not go too fast," I moved myself right below her.

She took several deep breaths before taking hold of the vine once more and carefully wrapped herself on it. I watched nervously as she was no longer on the tree branch and her whole weight was being supported by the vine only. She slowly started sliding down the vine.

My heart was pounding as her figure got closer and closer to me.

She was only five feet above me when I heard something snap. She let out a scream as the vine broke and she came falling down. I braced my muscles and got ready to catch her.

My heart lurched as I caught her straight in my arms gently, "I got you."

She was breathing in and out loudly. I was fairly certain she was in a state of shock. I decided to start making my way towards my house with her in my arms.

"I-I'm okay," She finally spoke as we left the woods.

I gently set her down on her feet, "Are you?"

"...Yes," She sighed in relief.

"May I have your name?" I questioned gently.

"Oh! I'm Jeongyeon," She grinned at me.

"I'm Y/n," I smiled back, "You know I never thought that I would meet my soulmate like this."

Jeongyeon chuckled and rubbed her neck, "Me neither."

"It'll be a cool story to tell though," I tried to lighten up the mood more, "The story of how my soulmate wanted to save a kitten from a tree but ended up getting stuck in the same tree, waiting for me to save her."

She laughed, "It might be a good story for you but it would be embarrassing for me."

"Nah," I waved her off, "Just tell whoever you're telling this story to that you climbed a very tall tree and used a vine to save yourself."

"You were the one who saved me though," She looked into my eyes.

"You did most of the work," I smiled, "I just caught you when you were falling from ten feet above the ground."

"So we're soulmates," She muttered thoughtfully.

"Yes," I looked at the ground to see her bright footsteps before me.

She smiled and looked down to stare at my footsteps.

I looked back up and held her hands. She blushed lightly and looked into my eyes. We both leaned for a kiss and-

"That's the story of how I met your mother!" I explained to our seven year old daughter, Dahyun.

Dahyun looked at Jeongyeon, her eyes sparkling with mischief, "You told me that mom was the one who was stuck in the tree and you saved her."

I cocked an eyebrow at my wife, "Really, Jeongyeon?"

She blushed, "Hey! It's embarrassing! I didn't want to be the one stuck in the tree."

"But you were," I giggled.

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "Whatever."

Dahyun and I laughed together at her.

Dahyun stopped laughing and looked at the two of us, "Will I be in a happy relationship with my soulmate the way you two are?"

Jeongyeon immediately stopped sulking and grinned at her, "Of course! But both you and your soulmate have to put in the effort for your relationship."

"What does that mean?" Dahyun tilted her head.

"You'll find out when you're older, sweetie," I kissed her temple.

"Okay, mom," She replied.

"Now that we told you a story, you need to go to sleep," Jeongyeon smiled and kissed Dahyun's forehead, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, momma," She closed her eyes.

"Goodnight, sweetie," I chuckled and ran my fingers through her hair.

"Goodnight, mom," She sighed happily and was out like a light.

Jeongyeon and I left Dahyun's door a creak open. I smiled at Jeongyeon, "We're such great parents."

"We definitely are," She agreed and laughed.

---------

A short fluff because why not.

Unedited~

Does anyone have a request?

:)