2 - Staring competitions and Dates

Aria pov

Emily and Hanna came back downstairs. It had been around 20 minutes since Emily had followed Hanna upstairs. Me and Spencer had been left downstairs wondering what we had just witnessed. However, like all good best friends, we ignored it and focused on the tv. After about 10 minutes of cartoons that nobody was really paying attention to, me and Spencer started talking about things we liked in our guys.

"Ezra always smells like the candles that are on the mantelpiece at his apartment. It's kind of a woodsy scent, but it's nice." I said, and Spencer nodded.

"Toby could be a mechanic if he wanted to. He's intelligent enough, and he knows more about vehicles than I ever could learn!" Considering how smart Spencer is, and how much she loved to learn about new things, that was a serious compliment.

After we both gave a few more opinions, Hanna and Emily came downstairs. They returned to the sofa, and Hanna sat on Emily's lap again. I wondered what had happened, and raised my eyebrow at Spencer as if to ask 'what happened?' but she shook her head.

"Everything alright, Han?" I asked, trying to sound less curious and more caring. Hanna gave me a small nod.

"Yeah, I just remembered something I had to do." She looked at the tv whilst talking. A tell tale sign that she was lying. Hanna could never make eye contact during a lie. Again, I looked to Spencer and she gave a small shrug. I decided to drop it, and focus again on the tv. That was until Emily started whispering things in Hanna's ear. Sometimes, Hanna would giggle. Other times she would blush a deep shade of red. Whatever Emily was whispering, it was making Hanna act all girly.

After a while, I got a text. Pulling out my phone, I found it was from Ezra.

Ezra: So, I booked a table at a really fancy restuarant, and I got a new suit, and a fancy tie, and I have some other stuff planned. But I need a special someone to go with. Be that special someone? xx

I smiled at how sweet he was, and how he truly tried to be romantic. Not like the other guys at school. They only acted romantic to get into your pants. And to be honest, as soon as they got what they wanted, they dropped the act. And 9 times out of 10, they dropped you. But Ezra was something different. He was older, more mature. I could have an intelligent conversation with him about literature, and not have to remind him that William Shakespeare wrote Romeo and Juliet. Surprisingly, I had that conversation with Noel Kahn.

I quickly typed out a reply, of course agreeing, and then I turned to my friends.

"I have to go. My mum needs me at home." I hated lying, but I didn't want to tell them I was ditching them for Ezra. As much as they enjoyed the fact I was happy, they didn't enjoy being ditched for their english teacher. However, I had to say goodbye to Emily and Hanna about three times before they would even acknowledge someone was talking.

They were both too busy having a staring competition that looked a little more friendly than fierce. A little too friendly.

So I said goodbye to Spencer, hugging her, before leaving. As I walked to the car, I wondered what happened between Emily and Hanna upstairs. It seemed like something big. But who knows?