Chapter Five

I think the situation over once I'm slightly less hysterical.

When I was talking to Teresa, she could have easily slipped my phone out of my pocket when she dug her nails into my arm. I was distracted by the miniscule crescent-moon shapes she left on my upper arm. She must have entered her number then put it back.

But why did nobody notice? Was it even her? I  never got a text back, which means it probably was... but I need to know for sure before accusing her. However much I hate her, I can't go blaming her for everything in my life that goes wrong.

I try to call Minho, but every time my finger hovers over the call button I chicken out. I could text him, but that would be pretty heartless, not even having the decency to have a conversation. I could Skype... but if I can't seem to call him, why would that be any different? I decide to go and see him in person. He only lives a couple of streets away, anyway.

I walk down the silent street, my footsteps echoing eerily in the dark, misty morning. I reach his house after about five minutes, but dawdle on the doorstep before knocking. His sister, Heng, opens the door. Her hair is ruffled and she's wearing a penguin onesie. Heng is eleven, and goes to the same school as me and Minho.

"Hey, Newt!" She beams at me. "Minho's upstairs, in his room," she informs me. I smile wearily and climb the softly carpeted stairs to his bedroom. Knocking gently on the door, I enter his room and close the door behind me. "Newt! What's up?" he asks casually.

"Teresa knows." I hold my breath and wait for a response. Minho looks shocked - so shocked that it'd be comical in a different situation. "How?" he whispers. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Basically, she stole my phone and saved her number in my contacs. She saved herself as 'The Hottie', and I thought it was you and you had changed your name. I then texted her saying something about discussing the fake-boyfriends thing. It was so, so stupid and I don't know what we should do!"

Minho looks annoyed, but after hearing the note of panic in my voice he lets it slide. "It's obvious," he says. I raise an eyebrow and he elaborates. "She has no proof. So you delete the contact and texts from your phone and we act like it never happened."

He smirks at me, and I roll my eyes. Jesus, arrogant much? I agree to his plan, and we chat for about an hour. Well, I rant about Tommy and he rants about Alby, the boy he has a crush on. It works for both of us.

Alby plays basketball on the school team. He has a shaved head and  brownish eyes. He's fairly good looking - but obviously I prefer Tommy. He's quite popular, but mostly because people are scared of his best friend, Gally. Gally is violent and thouroughly enjoys beating people up. Lovely.

After about an hour and a half of sitting in his room, I leave for home. Minho has to take his sister to gym club, and his mum and dad are working. I take the long way home, and walk even slower, enjoying the small amount of sunshine breaking through the ominous grey clouds.

I reach my house and log on to facebook. I click on Tommy's name and look through all the photos... I'm not a stalker, definitely not. I see one of him and me at the beach from last summer. I feel a pang of guilt as I realise what a beautiful friendship I've thrown away. We look so happy there. I trace his features, my fingers ghosting over his brown eyes, messy dark hair and perfect smile.

I regret everything I have done since the day it went wrong. I'm tangled up in lies and deceitful smiles, fake boyfriends and first loves, and girls with red nail polish and cruel, cold eyes.

A/N:

Hope you guys like it... this chapter was kind of a filler, just to introduce a couple more characters instead of the basic three. Sorry for any mistakes... I know I say this on every chapter :) oops. Anyway, voila! Another chapter!

Rosa x