01

His brilliantly white teeth shine down at me as I look up. "What-what are you doing here?" I stutter, suddenly nervous. Why am I nervous? I shouldn't be nervous. This is dumb.
"Ha I didn't peg you as a church girl, but here you are!" He hoots, interrupting the sermon. He looks up seeming more humored than embarrassed. He takes a seat next to me, the warmness of our legs touching distracts me.
"Carry on," he coughs. "I'm sorry." He smiles at me.
The priest starts up again, talking about how Abraham was going to kill his son just because God told him to.
"What do you want?" I whisper scream, keeping the attention off myself. Surprisingly, no one looks my way.
"Blu, listen we should get out of here. I've decided that I'm not going to stay away from you, let alone try so let's go. I wanna talk."
-

We walk up the steps to his house, his mother isn't supposed to be home so we have the whole house to ourselves.
His house is a simple one. Completely bare, no pictures or anything. A tv sits on one wall, and a brown couch sits at the other. The house isn't what I would call nice but it's not a hole in the wall either. Luke seems a bit embarrassed as he leads me to his room. I guess I would be as well, showing my house and such. His room is about the same as the rest of the house, expect it is filled with books. Books everywhere. No bookshelf. Not even a box. They just sit as they are. I've never really been a fan of reading, at all to be honest.
We sit on his bed, that is a twin and has a blue bed spread. I pick at the seems of it waiting for him to talk, but when I look up he's just staring at me. I hit his arm.
"Cut it out!" He does this staring thing, all the time! It's annoying, to say the least. "What did you want to talk about? And how did you know I was at the church?" He chuckles a bit.
"Yeah, I never really had anything to say, That was just an excuse for you to come here."