Chapter 20

(Your POV)
____________
The next day was more or less the same. Training, learning etc. Uraraka and Momo have both made good progress with stances and form. You were impressed by your own capabilities to teaching.

But the next day was different. Once you guys got to the training room, Gunhead popped in shortly after, which was quite unusual.
"(Y/n), one of my assistants couldn't make it to work today. They were supposed to go on patrol today. Mind filling in?" He asked. You hesitated. You wanted to go but who would teach the interns then? "Don't worry, I was going to take one of the interns and see how far they've come along with your teaching. That didn't help whatsoever.

In the end, you agreed. You figured it would be nice for a walk and some fresh air. Gunhead took Uraraka for evaluation. That left you and Momo alone.
"Hey Momo, wanna go on patrol with me?" You asked.
"Sure!" She replied happily.

Patrol was scheduled to start in 45 minutes. When going on patrol, you usually only bring your wakizashi and hide it in your armor. But for some reason, you had a bad feeling in your chest about something bad happening today. Wanting to be prepared, you brought your katana with you today instead.

Patrol soon started. You guys were scheduled to be in patrol until 5:30 pm. It was currently 12 so a long patrol has just started. Everything was fine for the first hour. Nothing suspicious going on, and no crimes too.

But it was soon interrupted by a small growl. You started looking for the source, only to find a slightly embarrassed Momo holding her stomach.
"Hey Momo, you hungry?" You asked.
"Y-yeah." She replied sheepishly. You guys just walked past a restaurant so it was perfect. The restaurant was a busy. It wasn't too small, yet it wasn't big either.

The two of you were led to be seated. After sitting down, you removed your helmet and pulled down your face mask.
"(Y/n), doesn't your costume inconvenience you?" She questioned.
"It does a little bit it's not too bad."
Looking at the menu, you ordered their lunch special. Momo followed suit.

Lunch that day was a fun time. A conversation started, joining the others in the restaurant. It went from learning more about each other to their parents.
"Momo, you seem to have a very wealthy family." You said.
"My parents own a very famous hero support company after all."
"Which company do they own?"
"Supporter."
You stopped eating in shock. Here you are, eating with a prestigious company's daughter in front of you.
"Aren't you guys holding a celebration about your 5 year anniversary this coming weekend?" You questioned.
"Mhm." She replied. "Did your family get the letter?"
"Yeah, we did."

After finishing and paying for the meal, you guys resumed patrolling the area. With no conversation started, you dived deep into your thoughts. The only pressing matter you had right now was that you had yet to ask Momo to be your partner for the dance. But know that you know she was the CEO's daughter, you had your doubts in your mind if you should.

But, there might not be another chance where you two are alone again. So you seized the chance and asked. You sped up in front of her and turned around.
"Momo." That grabbed her attention. "Will go to the dance with me as my partner?"
Momo was shocked but quickly recovered. You held your breath, waiting for an answer.
"Sure."

Hearing that, you let loose a sigh of relief. Momo still looked a bit embarrassed but you could tell she was very happy. But with more than 2 hours left on patrol, so the good moment couldn't last.

The rest of patrol continued without a hitch. Both of you guys were tired from all the walking today. After notifying Gunhead that you finished patrol, you both quickly made it back to the apartment, both wanting to collapse on their beds.

Uraraka was already back at the apartment when you guys arrived. Quickly taking off your armor, you headed to your room. Collapsing on your bed, you felt relieved that patrol was over. There wasn't much time for rest so your legs felt weak.

But, knowing dinner won't cook itself, you rest for long. Leaving your room, Momo was nowhere to be seen, and Uraraka was still in the living room. So, you started cooking dinner. Momo came out soon after you started cooking.

You gave her a small smile, telling her that you're fine by yourself. She got the message and went to join Uraraka in the living room. Dinner was soon served. Quickly finishing, you wanted left to get some rest so you had energy tomorrow. But that was soon interrupted by a few criminals in the middle of the night.

It was midnight. You had just received a call from Gunhead, needing your assistance in a hostage situation in case things got out of hand. Arriving at the Spence fully geared and armored, you got your orders. You were to infiltrate the room the hostage was being held at, and be ready in case a assault was required.

Approaching the room cloaked under a illusion, you saw the situation clearly. There were 3 hostages, each being closely watched by a criminal. Another 2 was keeping an eye on the swat team in the front door with guns pointed at them, and the last was on his phone, was probably talking to a negotiator.

You guessed that these people have done what they did to get their boss back. Silently walking into the room, you went into the back most corner to observe the situation. Minutes pass. There were no signs of the negotiations making any progress. The guy in the phone became more and more agitated about the conditions of the negotiations.

Looking towards the the SWAT team, it seemed that they are getting ready to storm the place. Carefully, you dispelled the illusion cloaking you and gave the team a nod. The commander nodded back. Now, you had permission to start taking them down.

Not wanting to alert the other criminals, you started with the guy on the phone. Making a duplicate of him to take his place, you knocked him out in a single hit. Setting him down silently, you approached the 3 men watching over the hostages.

With hostages being top priority, you summoned a aegis cocooning each hostage in a shield. The criminals turned around looking for a clue on who did it. You showed yourself, while taking down another one of the 3 guys. The 2 guys upfront turned around in attempt to shoot you, but with their attention diverted, the SWAT team charged in.

The other 2 guys started to close in on you. A quick elbow jab into a one of the solar plexus left him winded and momentarily stunned. The last guy charged you with a knife. Grabbing his hand, you smashed it against your knee, causing him to cry out in pain and dropping his knife.

You quickly pinned him to the ground. The second guy recover from your hit and also went at you with a knife with his arm outstretched. Latching onto his arm, you spun, causing him to lose his balance. With him stumbling, you let go and gave him a slight shove, right into an awaiting SWAT officer. You released the hostages from the cocoons and left the room.

Gunhead spotted you coming out of the room and gave you a thumbs up. You waved goodbye at him and start to make your way back to the apartment.

It was 2:30 when you finally got back. Quietly taking your armor off, you returned to bed more tired and fell into a sound sleep that night.