chapter eighteen

Kairi

I woke up to the sound of Mattia's voice. I sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Mattia was standing by the door of the hotel room, talking on the phone. He was speaking in Italian so I didn't understand what he was saying but it sounded like arguing.

Mattia shouted something into the phone, hanging up abruptly. He turned, jumping slightly when he saw me watching him.
"Oh shit, you're awake." He said, grabbing his shoes and slipping them on.

"Yeah... Are you leaving?" I asked, seeing him lace up his shoes.

"Uh, yeah. I'm visiting someone, so just stay at the hotel and I'll be back as soon as possible then we'll do something together alright?" He tells me. I only nodded, pouting at the fact that he was leaving me.

"Don't make that face, bebe. I'll be back before you know it. Please stay safe and if you get hungry order room service." Mattia kisses the top of my head, ruffling my hair a bit. He exits my room, leaving me sitting in bed all alone.

I decided to order some breakfast since I had literally nothing better to do cause Mattia told me to stay at the hotel.

***

Mattia

My mission had went on a little longer than I had originally planned.

I was supposed to show up, kill my father and then go back to the hotel to cuddle with Kairi.

But no, this bitch didn't want to die today and sent a freaking decoy. I am beyond pissed. Not only did he sense my attack, but made me waste my precious time that I could have been spending with Kairi.

I can't wait to kill him...

I was on my way back to the hotel when we passed a store. It looked to be very feminine and sold lingerie. I stopped in front of the store.

Maybe I should get something for Kairi, like as a gift for being gone so long.

I walked into the store, taking a look around. My eyes finally settled on the what I wanted to get him.

I paid for the gift and made my way to the hotel.

***

Kairi

I was in bed, watching a random movie that was playing on the tv. I heard a knock at the door, causing me to jump out of bed and rush to open the door.

It was exactly who I hoped it would be.

Mattia stood there, looking down at me with a soft smile.

"Why're you just standing there? Come in." I said, pulling his hand. Mattia followed into the room, shutting the door behind him. I sat on the bed, watching as he set a bag down onto my lap.

"I know that I was gone longer than expected, so I got you a present to make up for it." He said, his voice soft and honeyed.

I looked at the pink bag in my lap, furrowing my brows as I open it.

"Mattia, this is for girls?" I said, grimacing at the white fabric in the bag. "Why would you buy me this?" I asked, looking up at him with a frown.

"Kai, you should start wearing clothes that are more comfortable for you. You don't have to keep wearing stuff that you don't like." Mattia says, looking down at me.