{Chapter nineteen} calling out your name.

"N-n-no!" He hid his head in his arms to cover his blush, which you thought rather cute.

"Aww Jean it's okay!" You walked up to him and uncovered his face, which was as red as a ripe tomato.
You pulled him into a hug which he tenses at first, but then hugged back.

"I missed all of you so much!"
You pulled away from the hug, as did he.
"Armin!" You ran up to him and gave him a hug.

"H-hi (y/n)"

~time skip after greeting all your friends and even getting a fist bump from Ymir~

"Everyone has to split up, the numbers have dropped from the people who had retreated." Erwin looked as serious as ever. Hanji must really want them Titans.
You tuned out to the groups being announced, apart from your friends, you and Levi.

"Mikasa, Oluo, Gunther, and Connie"
'Mikasa isn't with me' you thought to yourself solemnly, looking at your feet.

"(Y/n), Sasha, Jean, Eren and Armin"
What about Levi? The (h/c) haired girl thought to herself.
"Levi, Hanji, Eld and myself." He had explained the details of what everyone will be doing. Your and another group will be luring, while Levi's group and a couple of other people will be capturing and setting up traps.

"Send off a red flare when a crawler is spotted. Lure it in between these two trees. When you see the trap, send off a green flare if you have the crawler chasing you." Erwin sent for everyone to their duties.

"Sasha, I'm scared" you admitted to your long haired friend, you didn't know why. You might of said it because you thought it would make you feel safer, or you just wanted to be comforted.

"I-it will be okay (y/n), I'm sure of it" She reassured you, looking down at the fresh fallen snow.
"It'll be fine"
~~~~
"ARMIN! SEND OFF THE RED FLARE!"

"Sasha, I'm trying, I REALLY AM TRYING!" He fumbled with the flare gun, before he finally loaded it.
There was a loud pop, signalling that the flare had been fired.

The crawler wasn't far behind, luckily you were safe and sound at the front.

"Armin, hurRY UP MAN!" You yelled out to your blond friend, who was falling behind, crawler hot on his tail.
You could see a tear escape his right eye, before him wiping it away.

"I'm trying!" He went as fast as he could, getting ahead of the crawler.

"Looks like we aren't going to die guys!" Eren called out, in a happy manner.
Thud thud thud thud thud ththud ththud
'Did the titan change its running pace?'
You heard more constant footsteps.
Crash

Everyone felt the gush of wind coming from their left side, seeing a small-ish tree fall to the ground. Another crawler, slightly bigger came out of no where.
At this rate, everyone was going to get devoured.

"GO GO GO!" You shouted at the top of your lungs.
"We aren't going to make it (y/n)!" Sasha called out from next to you.
You knew this already, but you didn't want to show it. You had to be calm, otherwise no one would try, knowing they'll die anyway.

Nothing could save your Squ- "I've got an idea..."

"What was that (y/n)?"

"I've got an idea!"
You took out the sound flare, ready to fire.
"Everyone go ahead, I'll distract the faster one and veer it away from the group!"

"(Y/n), that's suicide!" Armin's voice seemed to echo.
"I-.. Don't worry about me, it'll be fine.. Just go!" No one dared to disobey, they wouldn't have a chance to persuade you. You were one stubborn son of a gun.
You veered to the right after getting the crawlers attention, sending off the sound flare as you went right pass its mouth.
"HIYAA!" You snapped the reins on your faithful horse, making it speed up.
With one yank of the reins, you pulled your horse away from a quite large tree just in time, causing the crawler to smash into it, stopping it.

"I did it!" You fist pumped the air, in a sign of victory.
As you turned around to head back to the others, a gigantic foot came pummelling down out of no where.
You wanted to scream, but what good would that do? Let the others know that you were just about to die? No.

You snapped the reins of the horse again, but it was no match for the titan. the 15m class bitch slapped your horse into oblivion. You fell straight on the ground.
It's hand enclosed around you, squeezing and breaking your bones. The agonising pain let a strangled cry escape your lips, before drowning in the thick white falling snow.

No... this can't be it. it can't be. "NO!" You dug your blade into the Titans hand, with your only non-broken arm.
It let out a loud cry, dropping you to the ground and clasping it's hand. you used this as an opportunity to run.

Only one hook on your 3DMG gear worked, making it extremely awkward to fly through the air. You went about 100m, before the pain was too much. You fell to the ground, abandoning your broken gear next to you.
You lay on the ground, your legs barely worked.

It'll be fine... the sounds of your friends voices rang in throughout your mind as you lay there, Crimson red staining the once pure white snow.
"Levi..."
"oh no."
"LEVI!" You used part of your broken gear to hoist your self up. you staggered across the sea of white, calling out your lovers name.
"L-levi.." You fell to the ground, sobbing, gasping for any air that could revive you from this pitiful state.

"Remember (y/n), if you are ever in danger, use this purple flare. I will come rushing to you, no matter what."

"Blue flare..."
Luckily, you had kept them in your pocket.
You pulled it out, loading it and firing it.
You still made your way over to the others, or at least tried to, you had been walking for about 5 minutes now, before finally falling to the ground.
Your vision blurry, the only thing that you could see was a figure, flying through the air, desperately looking for something lost.
Levi.
"(Y/N)!" He dropped by your side.
You could see nothing now, vision black. You could hear, and with your last breath, you whispered. "be strong.."
It was already to late.
With your last bit of energy, you had written on a price of paper you had always kept in your jacket pocket.

Levi, I know that you couldn't be there when I took my last breath, but please, don't blame it on yourself. Tell the others that I had passed.
Don't give up, you have others that care for you deeply, and they need you. please keep fighting, for me?
I know I didn't get to say this in person but, I Love you Levi, more than anything.
~(y/n)

He could barely make out your name, it quickly scrawled down before finally being placed on your chest.
He placed the note in his pocket, before taking the neckless that he have you off around your neck and put it around his own.

His eyes, full of sorrow, facial expression not changing.
He picked your body up, never leave a soldier behind. dead or alive.

"I'll stay strong.." a single tear fell onto your cheek, before him carrying you off back to the others.