One.

"And done

"And done. . ." Jael says as she adds the finishing touches to the bandage on Yeshua's arm.

The albino looks admiringly at the huge colourful heart and signature Jael has just drawn on his injury.
"Willie, what do you think?" Jael asks me.

I drop my phone on the round blue cafeteria table.

"I like it." I smile. "Maybe I should break my arm sometime so you'll draw me something pretty."

Yeshua gives me a scornful look.
Jael puts her colour pens into her bag.

"So, I was thinking maybe the three of us could go out somewhere." Jael suggests with wide eyes. "That is. . . if you want to."

"Sure." Yeshua replies.
"Oh yeah sure. . . whatever I guess." I continue with my phone.

Yeshua seems angered at the fact that I'm not paying attention.

"Renwil. We didn't have a great summer can you at least try to listen."

I look up and scoff. "Pfft. . . speak for yourself, I had a great summer."

"That's because you went on vacation." Jael mutters.

"At least I was nice enough not to show you guys pictures." I laugh.

They don't seem too amused by my behaviour.

We did have our summer planned. It was meant to be all fun and most importantly we would be together.

Well that was until Yeshua's accident that kept him in the hospital and my family's trip.

Till now I have no idea what Jael did throughout the summer without her two bestfriends.

"Yeah, okay so what do we do?" I ask.

Jael brightens. "Um. . . I was thinking a movie."

I grin. "Sure, only if it's not any of those sappy vampire/werewolf ones."

Jael lets out a nervous laughter. "Pfft. . . you sound like you barely even know me."

She continues in the fake laugh but I can see her slip three tickets into her pocket, never to see the light of day again.

"Kpop?" Yeshua suggests.

"Get out!" Jael says and wafts her hand.

"Karaoke?" I blurt.

Jael and the albino exchange glances and laugh hard.

"Willie, you do know none of us here sing." Yeshua reminds.

"Well, you guys could join me and volunteer at the old people's home." Says Jael, playing with her fingers.

Yeshua and I raise both our brows at her.

"Jael, we talked about this. Stop trying to please everyone." I say.

"I like volunteering. They've got great stories." Jael says in her defence.