Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

-          Niall’s POV –

Day 61:

We’d ended up coming back home early so that Louis and Liam could get changed out of their wet clothes. I didn’t mind though, honestly I was kind of glad that the date was over; partially because of nerves, but mainly because it still hurt to walk. After dinner I was up in my room, on my laptop, when I suddenly got a notification from Twitter saying that Liam had tweeted something. I changed tabs over to Twitter to see that Liam had tweeted a link for a Twitcam with the caption:

“hellooooooo ;)”

I smiled and clicked the link; planning on watching in secret. The cam loaded and Liam’s face popped up after the ad. I smiled wider.

“Hey guys! What’s happening? Are you guys liking Take Me Home?” Liam smirked.

Liam started answering all the basic questions: ‘what’s your favourite song on the album?’, ‘what are the other boys doing?’ etc, and I started to read through the comments and laugh at all the sexual things that the fans were saying. The Twitcam had been going on for over half an hour when Liam suddenly froze up. He stared blankly back at the screen; his eyes starting to bulge out of his head as he did it. I frowned.

Did he read something offensive or something..?

Suddenly Liam jumped up from his seat and slammed his laptop shut without bothering to say goodbye or even tell us where he was going. I frowned harder and got up from my seat to go and check on him. I was halfway to the door when it suddenly flew open to reveal a panicked Liam. Liam’s eyes grew even wider the moment he saw me.

“Li, are you alri-“ I started but I cut myself off when Liam lunged forward and wrapped his arms around me. He grabbed the back of my head and buried my face into the crook of his neck as he crushed me in his arms.

Wha-?!

“I’m sorry..!” Liam murmured. He tightened his grip around me and he shifted his head so that he was whispering in my ear. “I’m really, really, really sorry.” He murmured. I frowned yet again and hesitantly hugged him back; my hands slipping around his sides and grabbing onto the back of his shirt. I was beyond confused.

What the hell is he sorry for..?

“Li... I have no idea what you’re on about.” I murmured. Liam’s grip tightened on me even more but he didn’t give me answer. We ended up just standing there like that for ages in silence. I was stupidly happy but I was starting to get worried. “...Liam?”

“I’m a horrible boyfriend.” Liam murmured.

...

Huh..?

How the hell did he get from a comment on a Twitcam to that..?

“Liam, just tell me what you rea-“

“Do you know what day it is?” Liam cut in. I shook my head. Liam sighed and pulled back, still gripping my shoulders, and stared into my eyes. “It’s September fourteenth.” Liam went on. I frowned again.

“Umm... and..?” I asked. Liam’s distressed expression vanished and he replaced it with a blank one. “Liam, what the hell are you on about?” I pressed. The tiniest of smiles started to tug at his lips and it made me even more confused.