Sobs

It's 4am and I'm an emotional mess so please excuse my poopy writing

Trigger warning: suicide. Read with caution
______________________________________

RAY COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE as she stood on the rooftop looking out at the night sky.

It was a breathtaking site, the star filled sky giving off a majestic glow as she ended the voicemail to her loved ones.

"I'm sorry, I hope you know it's not your fault. I love you,"

And she ended it with a haunting "bye."

As she broke down into sobs she tried to silence but alas, the pain was too much as she sobbed loudly.

She made her way to the edge as she looked at the night sky.

Ray decided to appreciate it as it would be the last thing she saw and it was her choice.

She wiped her tears as her foot slowly went over the edge, "I guess I'm not a fighter." She whispered to the wind.

And with that she jumped as she faced the night sky, her arms outstretched as if accepting her death, putting an end to her pain.

_______________________________________

She was abruptly pulled up and into a hug filled with emotion.

From a stranger, a stranger that cared.

"I'm sorry." She choked out as the stranger rubbed circles on her back in a comforting manner.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I wasn't strong enough to fight, I'm useless and now I put my burden on you and I-"

"Hey, listen to me, you're not okay and that's okay. It's okay to be sad, it's okay to be mad.

It's okay to show emotions, that's what makes us human. And saying that you're not strong- that you can't fight?

You being here, is evidence that you're strong, that you're fighting, now you just need a little assistance.

No battles are truly fought alone."

At that moment Ray broke down, all her troubles she locked away surfacing from underneath her mask of smiles.

Loud, chocked out sobs were heard from that rooftop that night but it was okay.

It was her first step to healing.

______________________________________
Uh- yeah I'm feeling kinda sad rn so here ya go, some angst.

Author out😌♥️