🌌 Chapter 2 🌌

Start from the beginning

"Ah, found you. You are one of the new students yes?" He smiled, reaching out his hand to help the girl up. She hesitated to lift her hand, but eventually grabbed his hand.

"H-huh?" She stuttered. He pulled her up, letting her fix her clothes. Only then did she realize she was wearing clothes she didn't recognize.

"You shouldn't do things like that! Leaving the gate on your own!" He chided her. "Not only that, you have yet to tame your familiar too! Which has broken a number of school rules!"

"Wait, gate? Familiar? He's not-"

"I'm not her familiar!" Grim said, struggling against his binds. "Let me go!"

"Sure sure. The rebellious ones always say that. Just be quiet for a moment." The male replied, put his clawed hand on Grim's mouth.

"Mmmph!"

"Goodness, it's unprecedented for a new student to leave the gate on their own." The man sigh. "How impatient..."

"But-"

"The entrance ceremony is well underway. Let's head back to the Hall of Mirrors."

"Wait wait, what the heck is going on?" The girl asked, looking at the man in confusion. "Gate? Hall of Mirrors? I don't..."

"It's the room where you woke up, with all those doors." The man explained.

"Wait so those coffins...are doors?" She asked. "Or is it those mirrors that are doors? God I'm so confused..."

"Yes, All students must pass through those in order to arrive here." He explained. "Though normally, the students only wake up when the doors are opened with a special key..."

"I think he did it." She said, pointing at the still struggling creature. "He almost burned me alive from within the coffin...door...thing."

"So in the end, the culprit appears to be this familiar." He looked at Grim, then back at the girl. "If you're going to bring it with you, you have to take responsibility and properly take care of it."

"But, he's not-"

"Oh my! Now is not the time to be long winded!" He exclaimed. "The entrance ceremony will soon be coming to a close. We must hurry."

"But-"

"Let's get a move on now." The man placed his hand on her shoulder, guiding her to walk. "It seems you are a bit dazed from the teleportation magic. It's nothing to worry about though, it happens often enough."

"M-magic?"

"Fret not, I shall explain everything on our way!" The man smiled. "For I am gracious."

They walked out of the library, the man a step faster than the girl. She tried to keep up, but her short legs made it difficult. After running on adrenaline, her energy went way down. She desperately wanted to sleep. The man seemed to notice her struggle to catch up, but did not slow down one bit.

"This is Night Raven College, magicians blessed with a unique aptitude for magic gather from all over the world to here." He explained. "The most prestigious magical academy in Twisted Wonderland."

"Twisted...Wonderland?"

"Yes! And I am the headmaster of this academy, appointed by the board chairmen to take care of it. Dire Crowley."

"I see..."

"Only those magicians seen as worthy by the dark mirror can attend this school." He explained more. "Chosen ones use the gate and are summoned here from around the world."

"An ebony carriage carrying a gate should have gone to meet you as well."

"Ebony carriage?" Suddenly an image of a familiar carriage entered her mind. "I...yes I think I remember that..."

"The carriage goes to welcome the new students who were chosen by the Dark Mirror." He said. "The carriages carry the gate to this academy. The Market decided long ago that carriages are used to welcome people on special days."

"The...Market?" She asked, before registering the rest. "Wait so that carriage brought me here on its own?!"

"Mmph!" The creature screamed into the man's, now known as Crowley, hand.

"Come, we must hurry to the entrance ceremony." Crowley quickened his pace, leaving the girl behind to catch up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little note for the next chapter, I know said pants. But just a heads up, you are wearing the same ceremonial robes that everyone else wears. I mean...it would make logical sense, but the uniform in under the robes. Okay? Okay

I had to put this in just in case anyone gets confused about a certain point regarding the reader's feminine appearance (cause ya know...they a girl)

Edit: NEVERMIND I FINALLY SAW WHAT THE ROBES FULLY LOOK LIKE AND THEY AREN'T AS LONG AS I THOUGHT THEY WERE. So the pants still work!

Can't believe I actually was right lmao