[ twenty-six ]

Start from the beginning

"You're not smiling." Says the stoic man. Next thing she knew, he had his finger pressed against the left corner of her lip. "Smile."

What...?

Levi tilts his head without removing eye contact with the (h/c)-haired doctor, his bangs moving to cover one of his eyes. His own lips curved up as he used his finger to push back the stray hair starting to come to her face.

"Thanks for the reminder," (Y/n) finally smiles after a few seconds of pondering over what she should do next, "Levi." She gently removes Levi's hand from her, the almost-rough surface of his palm surprising her. It wasn't her first time feeling his hand, but it felt like it was.

"Are there anymore tests left?" Asks (Y/n). One of the nurses nods her head whilst reading a file. "Three more, doc. But it won't take a long time."

The entire time (Y/n) spoke to the nurses, Levi was looking at her. Her skin looked so soft, her hair was smooth, her eyes shone under the bright light of the room, and her lips...

He wanted to touch it again.

Standing close to her made his mind welcome different sorts of wild thoughts, gradually making it difficult to control his inner desires.

Ever since the night before, Levi had been more imaginative than usual. He just couldn't get enough of the satisfying feeling of having her so docile for him, and he wanted more of it. He recalls the look of fear that stirred within her glowing (e/c) orbs -- everytime he did, it constantly reminded him of how delicate (Y/n) really was.

She needed to be protected. Of course, no other man was fit for the job, only him.

Levi wants her for himself and himself alone: she's for him to take, to protect, to adore...

To corrupt...

But he had to be careful not to act too greedy.

"Oh, I thought you weren't here yet." Mikasa strides into the room, wearing a small smile as soon as she sees (Y/n) inside.

"I had to check on Levi before you continue the tests so here I am." The (h/c)-haired doctor responds gleefully.

"We're just gonna check the machines then we'll be good to start."

(Y/n) nods her head before Mikasa calls for assistance and entered the white room with them. The psychiatrist places herself by the closed doors, watching Mikasa and the nurses move accordingly. She doesn't realize that Levi was doing the same to her.

"The results already came out, haven't they?"

"Huh-- Oh!" (Y/n) blurts out in surprise once she finds Levi standing right behind her. "They... they did, yes."

Raising a brow, Levi throws her another question.

"You aren't planning to tell me, are you?"

"I wanted to tell you after your tests. Do you want to know now?"

"Mm." Levi responds with a short hum.

(Y/n) gulps. There was no other way to tell him other than doing it directly.

"The DNA test was positive. You two are related."

She didn't know what reaction to expect from Levi after finally telling him.