Chapter 7

-- Dream POV --

          "You've never had a pet before?"

          "No. When I lived with my parents, they wouldn't allow pets."

          George and I were chilling together, talking while continuing to build our house in the game. I was building the wall quickly while George was cutting the tree to supply me with planks for the wall. We were building our house on the middle of the river, which was George's idea. He said that it would be cool.

          "Aww that sucks! Your parents should be canceled."

         "Whaa-? Canceled? Are you kidding me, Dream?! That sounds so stupid." George started laughing at my joke, me joining with my giggling. "Well yeah.. But maybe they should be 'canceled' since they are not really good parents for me."

          Oh no. Did I go into the sensitive topics zone again? I panicked, I don't wanna make George sad for the third time in a single day.

          "If that's a sensitive topic.... You didn't need to tell me today, George. We still have a lot of time. We can talk about this tomorrow. I don't want to keep making you sad. It's hurting me seeing you hurt." I blurted out without realizing what I just said.

         "Yeah, maybe next time I will tell you.. You're right, too much is happening for me today. Thank you." George gave a small smile at me, which I answered with soft 'hmm'. We went back on doing our own stuff for a moment until George broke the silence. "Dream?"

         "Yeah?"

        "What do you mean that it's hurting you seeing me get hurt?" I heard his confused tone. I froze, Crap. I can see his character was starting to make his way into my direction. I was glad that George couldn't see my face right now since I was in my Minecraft character format. Wait, he even can't see my face in my AI because I use a mask. Why do I even care whether he sees my face or not? I was getting more and more confused with my own thoughts.

         "Helloo, Dreammm???? DREAAAM!!" George called out my name, getting louder each call and ended with a scream. I was startled from my thought.

         "What the hell, George!!"

         "I kept calling you but you ignored me, Dream." Uh oh, He sounded annoyed now. "And you are not answering me. Are you sick? But you're a program, can you get sick? Is my computer somehow being attacked by some virus so that's why you get sick? Oh no, what to do!" George went on full-panic mode from his own words and assumptions, which was amusing.

          Oh my god he is adorable. I started to giggle and I could see that he didn't seem too amused with it.

          "No, don't worry, George. Your computer is okay and I'm fine. Just forget about it, okay? Everything is fine, so let's just get back to build our base. How many logs do you have now?" I asked, trying to distract him and get him back to focus on the game. He didn't look like he was happy with that, but he decided to drop the topic.

          "I have a half stack of logs. I can get more if you want."

          "Nah, I think it's enough for now. I just need you here with me. Well if you want to you can help me build the wall, too. Afterall this will be our house." I offered mildly, without realizing what I just said or that I made George flustered.

           "O-okay.." I could hear his voice sounded kind of weird but I decided to ignore it. Maybe I just misheard that, I worry too much.