I AM HOME

Anurag had successfully ousted Prerna out of his life when he threw her off the bridge eight years back. Prerna Sharma was back as Prerna Sharma Bajaj to avenge not only what Anurag did to her, but more importantly loss of her 2 days old daughter who lost her life in the blast that took place in the orphanage where Komolika had supposedly left her. She worked her life around in the past 8 years, with Rishabh Bajaj as a mentor, a friend and a husband who never left her side no matter what. 

Though Mr. Bajaj had told her clearly that she was not ready to face the person and people who did the worst that could ever happen with a person, especially a mother, she returned to Calcutta because she wanted to take her chances. She was okay even if she lost the battle she was constantly fighting with herself.

Within hours of landing in Calcutta, she  had successfully snatched the land deal from Basu Industries during the auction and now her eyes were set to acquire Basu Industries itself. As first step of her plan she decided to fund the mall project of Basu Industries and for that she arrived at the party organised by Basus with her husband, Mr. Bajaj, who flew all the way from London just to be with her, just in case she needed him.

Prerna Bajaj, Rishabh Bajaj &, Shoumik were busy discussing the contract details with Anurag and Nivedita in presence of Komolika Basu, the person who was the new owner of Basu Industries. Anurag was least interested in the discussions as he had made his mind to let Prerna have her way with her revenge against him. This didn’t go unnoticed by either Komolika or Nivedita, hence the further discussions were led by the two Basu ladies. 

Komolika was busy negotiating terms with Shoumik, who also happened to own 46% shares of Basu Industries. This, Prerna knew was going to play a huge role in bringing Basu Industries down very soon. All this while Anurag was lost in his thoughts, stealing a few glances at Prerna from the corner of his eyes. 

You don't look happy as I thought you'd be after I let you go. You seem to be stuck in another deal marriage with the same man, like you were years back. And again I happen to be the reason. Why don't you look happy? Why do your eyes look so lifeless? Where is that smile of yours?'

After a brief conversation with Shoumik, Anurag saw Prerna speaking to Mr. Bajaj. He remembered his conversation with Prerna at auction. "I AM HERE TO TAKE REVENGE FROM YOU! I WILL TAKE AWAY EVERYTHING LIKE YOU DID"

"I’ll let you have it all Prerna, if that makes you happy. Whatever I did 8 years back was to keep you safe from Komolika so you could live a peaceful life away from all the life threatening attacks of Komolika. I did what I could, just to keep you safe. I wish.. I wish there was a way to tell you why I did what I did that day and I hope you will understand and may be forgive me when you know it’

Anurag’s chain of thoughts broke when he heard Shoumik calling his name ‘"Mr. Basu, are you okay giving away 6% shares of Basu Industries to KBP Group as per the terms set by Mrs. Bajaj to invest in your project?”

Anurag blinked a  few times to get back to reality, he hadn't been hearing the discussions. Nivedita gave him a slight nod in denial, while Komolika looked at him with widened eyes, tightening her grip on his arm, indicating him not to say Yes to the proposal. 

Anurag took a deep breath and removed Komolika’s hand off his arm. He looked at Prerna and then at Rishabh who sat right next to her. After a brief pause he said “I am okay with the terms, if they are okay with the fact that we will only be paying back after the project is complete and share profit, if we make some”

Prerna heard him with a straight face, almost no change in her expressions whatsoever and turned back to Mr. Bajaj again.

She looks so formal with Mr. Bajaj" he thought Anurag. “What could have happened in the past 8 years between these two? Are they really married or Prerna is just faking a marriage with him to show that she has moved on, like she did last time?”