Chapter Twenty-Four

Emilie’s POV:

“I am not going to England with you for Christmas.” I told him as we sat on my bed together.

“Yes you are.”

“No I am not.” We’ve been having this calm argument since Thanksgiving. Harry’s point was that since I was French and none of my family was in America, I should just go to England with him and be with his family.

“I am not rich; I cannot pay for such a trip!”

“I’m rich though. It won’t matter; think of it as your early Christmas present from me.”

“No, what about Marilyn?”

“She’ll be with Gerald. Don’t you want to come with me love?”

“Yes.” I sighed, “Yes I do.” But what would I do if he didn’t come back with me? Harry had already been talking about staying so that the band could stay together. Then I would have to choose between staying with Harry or coming back to Marilyn. But how could I choose if it came to that?

“Great!” Harry said with a smile followed by a kiss, “I’m going to go book a flight for you. Go find Marilyn and tell her.” At that moment I heard the lock click open and Marilyn stepped in.

“Oh! Je suis desole… you did not leave a note on the door saying you were occupied…”

“Well we are occupied, but we’re not having sex—“

“For once.” Marilyn interrupted with a wink

“Emilie has some news for you though.” Harry finished

“Oh lovely. That means get on out of here Styles.” Marilyn pushed him playfully through the door.

“What’s the news?”

“I am going to England for Christmas, with Harry.” I watched her reaction.

Her eyes narrowed and then widened, “You’re going to meet his sister and his mom! Emilie that’s wonderful!!”

“I thought you would be mad about it.”

“Mad! How could I be?! This is wonderful news!” Marilyn plopped down on her bed with a wide smile, almost too wide.

“What are you smiling about Marilyn?” I asked

“Oh nothing mon cherie. Just a little secret.”

“And the secret is…?”

“Harry asked me to stall you in your decision making process. He wanted to get everything perfect for you before you said yes.”

“What?” Marilyn laughed, the sound like tinkling bells, and grinned broadly at me.

“Isn’t it wonderful?”

“No! It isn’t!” I laughed, “How dare you lead me on!” Marilyn looked longingly out the window and sighed.

“I wish we were in Paris.”

“You do?”

“Yes, the snow was more magical there, less hated. The streets are prettier, there are more Christmas decorations, it’s just a better place.” I didn’t realize how much Marilyn would miss home; I thought I would be the one upset about leaving. But I had a European boyfriend, and Marilyn had Gerald.

I took the plane two days later to England.

Marilyn’s POV:

Gerald and I were walking around downtown Boulder the day after Christmas.

“What about this house?” he asked me, suddenly pointing to a large white house.

“It’s boring.” I told him

“I like it.” He told me

“Well I do not.”

He chuckled, “Oh Marilyn! Is this about the tour?”  

“No. Why would you think that?” I asked sharply

He wrapped an arm around and pulled me close, “It’s only California!” he kissed me gently, “Here’s an idea. Why don’t you come with me to California?”

“Oh! I never thought of that.”

“I don’t know why you wouldn’t have thought of that! I think it’s a perfect idea.”

“When is your show?”

So on January 2nd, we were in California and while Gerald was on the stage I was in the front row.

Raya’s POV:

It was during the New Year’s Eve party it happened. The attractive, tall, blonde haired man in the corner of the room came over to me and introduced himself to me.

“I’m Andrew, I’m new here.”

“I’m Raya,” I said with a smile, “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Why don’t you come out to the balcony with me? It’ll be easier to talk.” I nodded and went with him.

“So where are you from?” I asked him once we were outside

“Listen Raya. You are very attractive and I just want to have sex with you.”

I thought about it, I thought about my boyfriend and about my hookup buddy, and for some reason my roommate Mat popped into my head. But I pushed them all away, knowing that one hookup buddy was not enough.

“Sure. Why not?”

Announcement: Happy New Year!!! I am so sorry for the lack of updating recently but I’m not as busy now so hopefully things will be back on track. That being said, there has been a lack of readers continually reading “We will always have Paris” and I have noticed. So, the question is, should I end it within the next few chapters? Or should I keep going with the story and end it how I’ve had it planned since the beginning? Let me know in the comments please, and have a great new year!