Jack nodded in agreement, staring into space for a bit before shaking his head. It fell quiet between us until my new friend broke the silence. "How do you know about The Order?" he inquired. "My mother is Vera Stone," I answered flatly. I hesitated at first but figured since we had both encountered members, it would be best for him to know. Jack stopped walking and looked at him. 

His blue eyes were wide as he stared at me, mouth agape. I couldn't help but chuckle at his expression. "You're not fucking with me, are you?" he said. "No," I shook my head, "She asked me to shadow her, but I don't really know if I want to." We continued walking to class. Jack nodded. "What about you? How do you-" my statement was cut short by a loud scream. 

The two of us ran towards the source of the scream. There was already a large group of students beginning to form. We pushed through the crowd, coming face-to-face with a student's body pierced into the top of a tree. Blood covered his body with his eyes closed. "Amir," I heard Jack mumble. I grabbed his arm, ushering him out of the crowd. He had his attention behind us until I pulled him completely away from the scene. 

Jack was silent for a moment before I softly nudged his shoulder. Our hands separated, and Jack stopped walking. "Did you know him?" I asked. Jack slowly nodded, and he let out a heavy sigh. "I think I know what's killing everyone," Jack claimed. 

~~~~

(Later in class)

My Biology professor stood at the front of the class, her back facing us. She wrote a few things on the chalkboard before looking back at all of us. I sat in the back with my computer open. "In folklore, a werewolf, or occasionally Lycanthrope, is a human with the ability to shape-shift into a wolf, either purposely or after being placed under a curse or affliction with the transformations occurring on the night of a full moon," I read, quietly.

"Ms. Stone," Mrs. Mcgrath called, "Care to answer the question?" 

I felt my heart jump for a split second at the call of my name. I looked up at my professor, who was looking at him with a tight-lipped smile. I cleared my throat and glanced at what she was teaching. "Nitrogenous bases, Deoxyribose sugars, and Phosphate molecules are the answer," I answered. Mrs. Mcgrath nodded in response to my answer. 

After a few seconds, I looked back at my computer. "There haven't been any sightings of Werewolves since the late 1800s, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. There are multiple books that state how to kill a werewolf, such as Silver Bullets or Wolf's Bane, which is a common poison to shapeshifters," I continued to look through the article, "Werewolves can be transformed in multiple ways, such as a bite or another process known as a Werewolf hide."

About an hour had passed, and the class had finished. Students filed out of the classroom as our teacher dismissed us. I scrolled through the article, trying to find more information. Mrs. Mcgrath walked over and shut the computer screen. "Ms. Stone," she said, "May I ask what you are researching?"

"Oh, uh..." I trailed, "I was just typing some notes about....animal cells." She sighed, nodding her head. "Try not to get too distracted in my class Ms. Stone," she said while walking over to her desk.

"I won't."

She slowly nodded her head and went back to her desk. I finished packing up my things and quickly made it out of the classroom. Jack stood at the front of the building, waiting for me like he had promised. I smiled at him, and we began walking. "There's a thing called Lycanthropy. It's the process of turning into a werewolf," I informed, "But I read something about being transformed." Jack's brows furrowed in confusion. 

He stepped aside as we walked into the library. The two of us found a table on the side so we could continue our werewolf research. "You can be bitten," I clarified, "Then, it said something about a werewolf hide. Which makes no sense." Jack nodded and sat down at the table. He pulled out his laptop and notebook.