Chapter 2 - The first Clue

Dewey stared at the note as the room spinned around him. He heard voices but they were far away. He kept staring at the note, the hand he was holding it in was shaking so badly, and the one that was holding onto Webby's was squeezing her so tightly that her suddenly yelp finally snapped him out of his shock.

"S,Sorry. Webby." He said, quickly letting go of her hand.

"We seriously aren't going to let him do this on his own, right?" Webby asked, looking over at Della and Huey. Huey avoided her eyes and Della looked at her with a sad smile.

"The note said no help. Webby." Dewey whispered. Webby looked at him. "I, I can't risk anything hap -."

"Oh, now you're worried?" Huey said, he side stepped his mother and marched up to Dewey. Dewey felt a lump form in his throat. "YOU ARE THE REASON HE"S BEEN TAKEN!" Huey shouted at him. "If you hadn't been messing with those stupid fireworks, he wouldn't have gotten injured and in that stupid hospital in the first place!"

"I know that now, Hueburt!" Dewey shouted.

"Know that now?" Huey repeated. "You should have known that at the beginning! I told you not to mess with fireworks! YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME!" He shouted again.

Dewey's eyes filled with tears. He squeezed them shut, and crunched the peice of paper up before pushing passed him, and his Mom before running out of the mansion.

His lungs felt like they were on fire. But he kept running, he had no idea where he was headed. All he knew was that he had to get away.

Away from Huey.

Away from his Mom.

Away.

Away.

Away...

He felt himself slam into someone and fell hard to the ground. He felt a sharp pain in his right shoulder and yelped. He opened his eyes and looked up at who ran into him.

"Dewey? What are you doing out this late?" Asked Launchpad.

Dewey felt tears swelling up again. Launchpad looked at his best friend in concern.

"What? What is it, Dewey?" He asked, a tone of urgency in his voice.

He hated seeing his best friend in such a state.

"I, It's nothing." He answered as Launchpad helped him up.

"Okay." Launchpad said, not quiet believing him. Dewey stepped around him and was about to start running when, "Oh, someone gave me this to give to you." He said. Dewey froze and slowly turned back to face him as Launchpad handed him a small envolope.

"W,Who gave it too you?" He asked as he tore it open.

"Some guy, I dunno." Launhpad said. "But he wore a mask, and was dressed all in black. Like a ninja." He told him.

Dewey looked down at the letter. The light from the street lamp near him helped him to see better in the dark.

Dewey,

Up in the sky, you'll run into an old friend. Once there, figure out what to do. Or it might very well be the end of you.

P.S. Use the imbecile McQuack to escort you.

Dewey gulped.

Old friend?

He looked towards Launchpad, who still stood there, looking at him with worried eyes.

"Launchpad," He said, with a deep sigh, "care to help a friend out?"

A smile slowly spread across.

"Anything for you, Dewey." He said back.

Back at the mansion Webby was getting worried. She wanted to help. She knew Dewey couldn't handle this on his own. She always had his back when it came to stuff like this. First the Spear of Selene, then the whole Moon Invasion, and this...

She turned to run after Dewey when Della held her back. She turned and glared at her.

"Let me go." She growled at her.

"No. Webby." Della said, as Webby struggled against her.

"We can't afford to, Webby." Della whispered.

The tone in Della's voice made Webby stop struggling against her grip. It was the tone of a worried to death about her sons tone, and for some reason it made Webby relax a bit. No matter how often she has to get on the boy's for their shenanigans, she was still their mother, and cared deeply for them.

Webby realized this must be way harder on her, then anyone else. Letting Dewey go off, on a dangerous adventure to save his brother while she was stuck at home. Not able to help or support him in any way for the fear of loosing her other son in the process.

"Yeah. You're right." Webby said, finally with a sigh. "What are we going to do?"

She looked at Huey who was still silently fumeing at Dewey's irrisponsible action. But then noticed her staring at him. He shooked his head at her and silently walked out of the room.

Webby looked at Della who started back at her and nodded before Webby ran out of the boy's room after him.

"Huey! Huey, wait!" Webby shouted. She bounded down the large staircase that lead from the foyer to the upstairs hallway, and caught Huey by the arm.

"Leave me, alone. Webby." Huey snapped.

He jerked his arm away from her and started back down the stairs.

"Come on, Huey. W,We need to keep a level head about all this." Webby said in a rush as she followed him down the stairs. "Your Mom is on the verge of a breaking point. W,We need to be here for her..."

They made it to the front door and Huey paused with his hand on the doorknob, but slowly turned around and faced Webby.

"Look, Webby." Huey began. "I'm not going to sit by and watch both my brother's get harm over something like this. Odds are it has something to do with this family, and I'm going to find out what or who is behind all this. We are the Duck boys, Webby. Good or bad, we are in this together."

Webby couldn't help but smile at him.

"Dewey can take care of his part, while I'll take care of mine." Huey continued, his eyes shining brightly. "You in?" He asked her.

Webby couldn't believe he had to even ask. She rolled her shoulders, gave him a sheer determined look and said boldly.

"I'm in."