A really lucky guy

Conner was a really lucky guy, you could say that much. Maybe he wasn't the smartest, the bravest or the most athletic, but he knew what he was capable of and what he wasn't. He had a supportive family, crazy friends, even a girlfriend he adored, and with some time to stomach it, he could even tell that she liked him too. He was a talented writer, and was studying his passion at a university now. Sure, it wasn't the best university in the United States, but the creative writing program was well respected and, though he had moved out from home and was currently sharing a dorm with a fellow college student, he was able to visit his mother and Bob on weekends.

The college also had another massive plus, that no other in the world had: Bree. His girlfriend was studying creative writing at the same college, and they shared more than a few courses. They spent a lot of their free time together, even if they were just studying. Though Bree Campbell was a smart girl, that knew what she wanted, and had told Conner that, though she loved him and loved spending time with him, they couldn't just hang around each other 24/7, it wouldn't be healthy for their relationship. Conner had first been offended, not quite sure what to do with this, but by now he was sure that she was right. As always.

It had never been particularly complicated for Conner to make friends, he was open and fun to be around. So his group of friends at the college wasn't small and there were few people he didn't get along with. One of those few people had invited him to a party. Conner wasn't sure what to think of this Felix White. He was arrogant and stuck up and not at all fun to be around, at least as far as Conner thought. But he was still one of the most popular guys at the college and everybody spoke about his awesome parties. Conner had never been to one of those infamous parties before, actually, he had never been to a party before at all. Only a ball or two, thrown by Red and the one his sister and he had snug into when they had been eleven by Cinderella. But something told him that that wouldn't be the same.

His dormmate and best friend, Jake Greenwood, had convinced him to come along to the party, though it was Felix's party, that didn't mean that he actually had to talk to the guy. However, something predicted to Conner, now that they were standing in front of the house, loud electric beats heard from a mile away, that this evening wouldn't be as pleasant as he had hoped.

"Hey dude! There you are, I've been expecting you guys way earlier!", Felix said, as he pointed them out from across the room.

"Erm... Hey Felix, nice to see you", Conner answered, hoping he didn't sound too unmotivated. But Felix didn't seem to notice at all, grabbing both him and Jake by the wrists with sweaty hands and pulling them along.

"Here's the kitchen, wait a sec, lemme mix ya a drink!"

Only now did Conner noticed that Felix slurred a bit, obviously already drunk even though it wasn't even eight o'clock yet. Than he got a red plastic cup shoved into his hand and was let alone. For a minute he stood there, not able to not think about his sister giving him a strickt lecture why those stupid plastic things, that you threw away after using it only once, were bad for the planet and that she was glad there was no such thing as plastic in the fairytaleworld. Then he noticed that he was the only person left in the kitchen. He wondered where Jake had escaped to without him and if he knew how out of his depth Conner was in this surroundings. Blinking slowly against the hectic blinking lights everywhere, Conner made his way around the house, taking in the drunk adults, finding the bathroom (that would probably be good to know for later, though he hoped that the girl vomiting in there right now wouldn't be there then), and watching the... dancing? of his fellow college students with both amusement and worry.

Though it was certainly entertaining for some time, Conner quickly grew bored of the drunk people and got more uncomfortable the better he understood the scenery he was currently in. Young adults vomiting, couples making out everywhere, almost going too intimate for a somehow public place and drunk people swaying and sweating throughout the house, barely leaving space for Conner to breathe. He suddenly felt really out of place.