Chapter TWENTY-FOUR

Start from the beginning

"Good evening ma'am" Eli smiled.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry for that! I thought you were Nick" My mom apologize as she closed the door. "Please sit" she said and Eli sat down on the couch as I went up the stairs leaving him with my mom. He shot me a panicked look when I was leaving but I just smirked at him evilly. It would serve as payback for standing me up at the date the other day.

I went up the stairs and took a shower then after that, I changed into a long sleeve Chelsea Jersey and green sweats. I dried my wet hair and put it in a messy braid as I walked down the stairs and I saw my mom and Eli talking. I was curious of what they were saying because they both have serious looks on their faces so I walked over to them.

"Hey!" I interrupted and plopped on the couch beside Eli startling the two of them.

"Alex, are you okay?" Eli suddenly asked and I furrowed my eyebrows because I was confused.

"Yeah! I'm fine, why?" I asked wondering why he suddenly asked.

"I'm going to leave the two of you now. Eli, are you staying for dinner?" My mom asked standing up.

"I'm afraid,I can't. Maybe some other time" Eli said politely and my mom nodded, smiled then left.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him, feeling left out and confused.

"I talked to your mom and she told me some things" He said. Did Mom tell him about my nightmares? And my sleepless nights?

"What things?" I asked and my voice laced with a bit of anger.

"You haven't been sleeping lately and something happened in the past that is affecting you and you don't want to see a therapist. She didn't tell me what happened though. So are you okay?" He said worriedly. My palm curved into a fist and my nails dug deep in my palm as I tried to control my anger. How could she? She doesn't even know if I trust him yet and she just willingly spilled it all to him? Did she even ask for my permission or if I wanted him to know?

"I'm fine, I don't need a therapist" I said as calmly as I could. His eyes raked my face searching to see if I was saying the truth but I just looked down, avoiding his gaze.

"Stop hurting yourself, you need to see a therapist. It'll just keep coming back if you don't speak to one" he said and placed his hands on mine. I jerked my hand away from his and felt tears pricking the corner of my eyes.

"I don't need a therapist!!! I don't need anyone to remind me of anything!! I just want to forget!! How hard is that for all of you to understand?! Just leave me the fuck alone!!" I yelled and my mom rushed out of the kitchen.

"Is everything alright?" She asked as she sensed something was wrong.

"I think you need to leave" I said to Eli as I stared at the wall and refusing to look at him.

"Alex, I-" Eli started

"Leave!!" I said louder, cutting him off.

He gave my mom a glance and she nodded at him before going out the door and shutting it behind him.

"You shouldn't have done that!" I said to my mom still staring at the wall.

"You needed help! And besides I didn't tell him the whole story" My mom said and I looked at her.

"Really mom? Did you even have to tell him anything at all?" I said with a shaky voice. Why do we always fight about this? It's all his fault! And mine of course!

"I just wanted to help you. I wanted to see if he could talk you into talking to a therapist about what's going on!"She said as she walked closer to me.