Chapter 25: The Wrong Moon

Start from the beginning

She gets to her feet and takes off in flight with a sonic boom behind her.

After the Vargulf was done with its victim, it takes off to search for Celena. But her scent stops where it left her. It lets out a loud roar and howls in fury.

Celena flew erratically in the air. She was beyond terrified. It knows! It knows who she is...what she is. She can't go home. She can't go to Matt; he was with Letha...watching over her. She couldn't go to Peter's; she'll put Lynda in danger. She could only think about going to Roman's. She lands on the ground hard and whimpers in pain. She clutches on her to arm and gets to her feet. Rushing to the door.

She pounds as hard as she could on the door. Hoping and praying that Roman would answer. She looks quickly over her shoulder, whimpering with paranoia that the Vargulf was going to jump out and get her again. She pounds on the door again.

Finally, the door opens and Roman stood there as shock covers his face when he sees a terrified, messy looking Celena.

"Celena? Celena!" He shouts as she falls into his arms in relief.

She couldn't get a straight word out; all she could do was cry and hold on to him.

"Jesus Christ! What happened?" He picks her up in his arms, carrying her bridal style and kicks the door closed.

Shelley gasps and quickly types, "What happen? What happened?"

Celena yells in pain as Roman puts her down on the pool table. Roman carefully pulls off her coat and gasps as he sees the deep wounds in her arm.

"Oh, my god." He turns to Shelley, "Shell, go get the first aid kit in the bathroom. Go!" He tells her and she takes off running, her booming footsteps fading.

Celena cries as her face scrunches in pain, her feet were wiggling all over the table as waves of pain hit her hard.

"Celena, what happened?" Roman places his hand over her sweaty forehead, stroking her gently.

She grunts and pants, "Vargulf." She sobs. "It was the Vargulf!" She begins to whimper.

Roman's eyes widen in shock and turns into anger, "Who was it? Who was it?!" He grits his teeth, demanding her to tell him

She shakes her head, "I don't know. It was in wolf form." She cries and covers her mouth with shaking hands.

Roman sighs and strokes her hair, "You're safe now. You're safe." He says softly.

Shelley's booming footsteps rush back and Roman quickly tends to her arm.

"What happened? Are you ok?" Shelley types with a worried look.

"I'll be ok, Shelley." Celena trembles and screams in pain when Roman pours alcohol on her wounds. "Oh, fuck me!" She grunts as he begins to clean her wounds.