Chapter 26: The Vargulf Comes

After sewing up Celena's arm, Norman takes off to find Tom.  After discovering Christina's room, Sherriff Sworn wastes no time to head to Hemlock Acres and search for her.  Norman catches up with him as he spies him in the hallway. 

"Hey, Tom. The latest one, was it was it Christina?" He asks, worried if it was. 

Sherriff shakes his head, "Deputies found some torn clothing and a ID for a Jennifer Fredericks at the site."

Norman's eyes widen in shock, "Jenny Fredericks?" He gasps. 

"You know her?"

"No, no. Shelley does. She's the only real friend she ever had. That means Christina's still out there." Norman says, sad for Jenny and Shelley.  He knew he will have to break the news to her soon.  But he was so relieved that it wasn't Christina.   

An orderly who was stocking up supplies was listening to their conversation and it pissed off Sherriff.  He gives the orderly a furious death glare. 

"You wanna say something to me, or you just gonna eye fuck me?" He scoffs at the orderly.  

The orderly frowns and takes off, leaving them alone. 

Norman tries to calm him down, "Tom, I know that you feel right now more than ever that you have a job to do, but with everything that's happen..."

"I'm not one of your patients, Doctor." Sherriff cuts him off, gritting his teeth. 

"As a friend. Maybe you should go home for a little while." Norman offers. 

"I'll go home when Christina's safe and Peter Rumancek is dead and in the ground." Sherriff snarls as rage fills his eyes.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Celena's change of clothes)

Matt and Celena arrived a few hours later after changing clothes.  Celena couldn't get it out of her head about what Viktor said.  About how the Vargulf knew the moon was a woman before all this happed. How did it know where to look?  

Letha walks into the kitchen and begins to boil some water, "Want some tea?" She asks. 

Celena sighs, "Sure." She rubs her eyes. 

"When's the last time you got any sleep?" Letha asks as Matt comes in.

"What's today?" Celena clears her throat.

"Saturday." Letha says. 

"Oh.  Two and a half weeks ago." Celena mutters and laughs.

Matt sits in front of her at the table, "Maybe you should take a nap."

Celena rubs her face and sighs deeply, "I'll sleep when this is all over." 

Letha sighs and turns  to the window.  She frowns when she sees someone standing in the yard.  It was Christina!  Letha gasps softly.