08 ; breaking

Começar do início

"Hand me the seven-sixteen wrench." Isaac shifted uncomfortably in his bed as voices rang throughout his mind; Lena paid no attention to the uncomfortable boy. "What the hell? This is the nine-sixteen, you moron.
You know what the difference between a seven and a nine is, dumbass?"

"You know what the difference between a seven and a nine is?" Isaac mumbled, turning over once more. Lena turned around from her spot by the bureau, staring at Isaac as he shot upwards.

"What are you talking about?"

"It's a stripped bolt."

"A stripped bolt." Isaac whispered. He cowered back into the headboard as Lena walked forwards a bit.

"Isaac?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't - what do you want me to do?" Isaac cried out. Lena stumbled backwards in surprise.

"Isaac?" Lena asked gently. "Isaac, listen to me. You have to snap out of it. Can you hear me?"

"I want you to shut up."

"I want you to shut up." Isaac repeated his father's voice, and Lena scowled. "Shut up. Shut up."

Lena moved over towards Isaac, grabbing his wrists in her hands to prevent him from writhing in his spot on the mattress. "Isaac! Isaac, stop."

"What can I do? I can't fix this now. . .I can't fix this now. I can't fix it - I can't fix it. I can't even keep it closed."

"Isaac, please stop." Lena decided against shouting, and instead pleaded softly.

"Grab the chains."

"What?" Isaac asked. Lena, thinking that he was responding to her, began to talk to him. Isaac couldn't hear a word she said.

"Get in."

"I said, get in." Lena furrowed a brow as Isaac stared off into space.

"Isaac-"

"Are you not hearing me, son? Get in the damn freezer!"

"Get in!" Isaac shouted, throwing Lena away from him as he covered his head with a pillow, sinking back into the sheets.

Lena sunk back into the floor, her neck snapping back as her head smacked into the floor; black dots littered her vision before she could make out just exactly where Isaac was going.

"Lena?"

Lena shot up from the floor, her hands blocking her face as she glanced around the room warily. Isaac and Boyd were nowhere in sight, yet, she could hear a male's voice calling out to her. Reaching for her phone, Lena dialed Scott's number quickly, thumbs dancing over her phone screen before she lifted it to her ear; she practically prayed to the gods for an answer.

"Lena?" Scott asked on the other line. Except, Lena heard not one, but two voices. Scott's. . .and her little brother's.

"Lena! Lena help me! Please, Len-"

"Lena," Scott questioned. "Lena, are you okay?"

Lena's phone slipped from her shaking hand, shattering upon impact as Scott's voice faded to nothing. Lena spun around, nearly running into the wall as she tried to escape the voice. Every way she turned they became louder. Screaming voices; voices that sounded of chaos, strife, and pain. The same voices that would decide her fate, and eventually destroy any innocence she had left within her. Over and over again, Lena reminded herself that the voices weren't real. Except, they were. They were back and as real as they were on the night they first sounded throughout Oak Creek.