“I can’t stay but I love you,” I told her as I put a gentle kiss on her lips and I know what I must do. “Tell them I’m sorry and tell my mom that I needed to do this.” I said as she grabbed my hand as I got out of her grip and started running, “I’m sorry for not having more time with you Courtney. But you are one of the best things that have ever happened in my life.” I told her as I smiled and continued to run as I circled the satellite with my speed as the ISA tried to hit me but the team got up, or at least someone stopped them as I circled the beam and I knew I had to continue to destroy it, even if it meant the end. 

I saw the light starting to travel near me, I felt the speed, the memories, and the day pass through me as I continue to run. I see the years, I see the moments, I see everything in time pass through me until I feel nothing. Until I see the light one last time and the satellite gets destroyed as everything flashes before my eyes and everything goes dark. 

I am the flash. 

3rd POV - 

All the remaining members got up to see the explosion when the ISA yelled and the members all started to cry as Courtney Whitmore aka Stargirl cried as she screamed knowing McKenna was gone when the helmet flew near the members. 

Yolanda Montez, McKenna’s best friend picked it up as the tears fell down her eyes under the Cat mask of her suit, as she looked to the ISA as she almost wanted to kill every one of them, but she knew McKenna better than anyone. She wouldn’t have wanted Yolanda to become something else, she would have wanted her to smile and to be Wildcat and be Yolanda Montez. 

Yolanda went up to Courtney before they had to start taking down the ISA. After they all were finished, after all the cuts, all the scars, and all the blood was shed. They all sat down as Courtney went up to find the blue bag McKenna brought with her back grabbing it as they all walked back to the JSA building. 

When they all sat down at the seats that once they sat in all together, like the original JSA, the ones they tried to be like, but better. The mission of the JSA, but in a new form, but to also take down the ISA. Which they did for the most part. 

But what was painful for them was losing the member that held everyone together, that helped everyone learn more about it other than Pat, the one that knew more about the JSA than the JSA themselves would know. 

McKenna Garrick was a hero, one that died but not found anywhere since she died either in the explosion or from the impact before the explosion. They lost her, they lost their flash, the friend who brought the team together in the hard times. The one who understood lost, and the one who understood the pain of parents and having to deal with not even having a dad. 

But that never stopped her from finding the true form of heroism, it never stopped her from pushing herself to be good, to help others. And even to stick with her friends through the rough and easy times. It never stopped McKenna Jaylen Garrick from being The Flash like her dad, or even being the hero of this story. 

Even when not wanting to be the hero of the story, but nearly just the girl who helped set up the New Society of JSA members that would be able to fight when she wasn’t there. One that was more than a team, more than just getting rid of their problems, but embracing that and their weaknesses and becoming a family. One family. 

Courtney Whitmore then opened that dark navy blue drawstring bag that McKenna brought to her before speaking to her, McKenna Garrick’s last words as a friend, as a teammate, but most of all one of Courtney’s most loved ones. Even after the kiss, McKenna gave her Courtney couldn’t hold back the tears of regret, never telling her she cared for her. But she can’t now. 

Everyone looked like the stuff all came out, from McKenna’s extra running shoes, her boxing gloves, her speaker, her book, her favorite jacket, an extra phone, a photo album, a flash drive, and a computer. An odd choice for McKenna but that was McKenna for you. 

Courtney grabbed the flash drive as she put it in the computer as it started up a video, that came off the screen and in front of everyone as they all sat near another. 

McKenna at first in this video she was failing and trying to find words, to stop the tears. And finally, she spoke up. 

“When I first found out the plans of the ISA, I decided to not worry about it and to hide it from all of you. I don’t regret my actions, but I do wish I would have told someone beforehand. I never did because I was scared that I would lose my family that is in this team, the one we all are a part of. I was afraid that you'd die in front of me. And I couldn’t lose that.” McKenna stated as she looked away as she was thinking about something. 

“But when I told you even when you’ll be mad at me, I knew it was the right thing to do. All my life I always wondered what I could have done to change the past and have the JSA around, but even I realized after coming apart of this team, creating a flashpoint or changing time wouldn’t have been the smart option or the idea that I would want to change what makes us successful, what makes us a team, a team. No, what makes us a family, one that isn’t perfect but understands. One that is together even if anything happens to one of us.” She continued on as everyone watched, “But I know if this video is being shown I did that, maybe you don’t think I did. But I did what I did know that if there was a chance at taking the society down you all could with or without me being gone. I knew this and it scares me to even think about it today. But I couldn’t tell anyone that I was going to be the cause of me dying or disappearing or both. I just wanted to do what I did, because of not being a hero, and not wanting to be a hero and having statues or anything made for me, but because I knew if there was that chance that I would take it for the innocent, and for this family.” She explained as tears fell from her eyes as the others started watching as everyone had tears. 

“Enough of me explaining this, I just need you guys all of you to promise me even when I’m gone that you will continue what we started. That this isn’t the end of the JSA because The Flash is gone or disappeared or both. No, this is merely the beginning of a family of a society that once made their own mistakes, but in the end, it inspired us to continue. And I need you guys to promise that you will not only continue but not to mourn me and blame yourselves for what I did, this was my option what I thought was best for myself and for this team. I didn’t do it so you guys would blame yourselves. If you can make those promises then it makes what I did worth the chance at being able to say I did what I needed to do, and that I was apart of the family that took down the JSA. So I want to thank every one of this team, even you. Pay for not only taking that chance of death, but also being there and being able to continue this legacy. I am McKenna Jaylen Garrick and I am The Flash.” She said before the video ended and everyone was left wondering mourning but also understanding. 

They all look at another as Pat knew he had to tell Joan about her daughter, and Courtney that it will be alright. He knew that these kids would take it hard in their own way but in the end, they would be ok. And he respects McKenna’s reasons for why she did what she had to. 

Before everyone left the building to go stay at Courtney’s house for the night, Yolanda put the Helmet that once belonged to The Flash of The original JSA, Jay Garrick, her best friend’s father. And McKenna Garrick herself back on the display and put it in as she thought about her best friend and believed that she was still out there when she looked at it. 

As everyone walked out they never noticed that one of the wings on the helmet had a carving in it, one that looked like a hieroglif from Egypt back in the Ancient Egypt times. 

If only they knew what that meant. 

End of Book 1 this is not our true ending this was the first draft of an ending from Episode 6 I believe.