“We made the wrong move now we could get someone killed, or lead the ISA straight here.” Pat told Barbara as I knew it was true as I told my mother to stay in Central City longer so she can enjoy the fresh life for whatever the ISA is planning. “Okay, so what do we do? What about Brainwave?” Barbara asked as Courtney finally spoke and moved her eyes from over yonder, “Henry said his dad lost his memory. But I don’t know anymore.” She told us as even I knew that was true at this point. Any of us can be safe. “Just take Courtney and leave. Like you wanted to. Pack up whatever you need and go.” Pat told her as I looked back, still having Courtney’s hand in mine. Our fingers being laced together. 

“Knowing these guys killed a boy. And Jordan’s planning to hurt people and we leave without warning anyone. And what about you Pat? And Mike?” Barbara asked proving a point to Pat, until he said that Mike should leave with her. “Take Mike, and even McKenna.” He told Barbara as it wasn’t a bad idea. But at that point, knowing me, I would stay here with Yolanda, Rick, and Beth since they couldn’t go and this is where I have grown up. And there is no way I'm giving up yet. “I’m not going to let you stay here alone.” Barbara said, “Then until you decide to leave, you both need to go about your day as if everything was normal, same with you McKenna. Because if Jordan senses that we suspect anything you’ll be in more danger than you already are.” Pat told us until the doorbell rang and Courtney got up her hand leaving mine which was sad but even I got up standing behind her a bit. 

“It’s not even 7:00.” Barbara said as we could hear the basement door open. “Yo, you down here?” Mike asked. “Hey Mike. Thought you were asleep.” Pat told him as Mike was in his paper route outfit. “Paper Route. Your idea, not mine.” He told his father as he looked at me I slightly waved saying hi in a way. “Anyway, uh, there’s someone upstairs looking for you, Court.” Mike said as I headed up after Courtney as Barbara and Pat were the firsts one’s up. “Oh my god.” I could hear Barbara say with an airy breath still being shocked by the tone in her voice as once getting in the room with Courtney I could see a man who looked very untrusting. And looks overall like a freeloader who just wants either money, or something valuable. Or both money from something valuable. 

Seeing her shocked face I couldn’t help but want to punch this guy very much, knowing that it was wrong. As the looks he was giving me, was a very very very I want to punch you because of that look on his face. Even though I’m 5 foot, try my small size Sam Kurtis. Until Courtney almost wanted to break down right there and it hurt as I noticed her emotions were changing to sadness, which was because her whole; Starman daughter isn’t true. And I can see the belief fading faster than mine in myself. Which I can understand in ways why. 

Once I followed her upstairs I knew Pat was right behind me as I knew she didn’t want to talk to her mother but Pat and I. But that moment when my eyes saw her father who is most likely a freeloader, he wanted the locket he gave her. It’s worth money...valuable money if he wanted to come to see her now. Which is most cases. Like me selling my father’s valuable gear, or asking my mother for some of her passed down jewelry then selling it for money. 

Getting in the door I stood back behind Courtney as I could see both Pat and her, as Courtney was still in the denial that Sam was her father. And that Sylvester was her father, and that’s why the staff chose her. “He’s not my dad, Pat.” She told him as I watched this tear her thoughts apart about everything, about her motives and it hurt so bad not to tell her it would be alright. It would take time, but I would help her, I would be there. “He can’t be. The staff works for me. That proves that I’m Starman’s daughter, doesn’t it?” She asked as she was heavily breathing as her worry came up. And I moved when Pat came by and put his arm around her and I moved behind her. “Right?” She asked once again looking at Pat, but putting her full raw saddened emotion into it.