"I never knew Rex had a son. If I had known that he..." Pat continued, "Did you know him and his wife weren't killed in a car accident?" Courtney asked Pat as he looked at her as I looked up. "They were murdered." Courtney continued as we watched the scene unfold in front of us. "by Soloman Grundy." She finished off as Pat's expression changed, "How do you know that?" Pat wondered as I said, "Wellllllll...." I spit out not being able to say it. ""Dr.Mid-Nite told me." Courtney said as he didn't understand.

"Dr.Mid-Nite?" Pat asked as he wondered who it was, "Or at least his goggles did. Beth was wearing them." She said as Pat looked at us wondering who Beth was, "Wait...who's Beth?" He asked us, "The new Dr.Mid-Nite." She continued as I am happy that Beth gets to keep the goggles that she nicknamed "Chuck". "Who else did you two recurit Courtney?" He asked us as Courtney responded, "Yolanda Montez." She said as he didn't know who she was as I heard Pat groan, "She's class president or she was.." Courtney started. "And Yolanda is now?" Pat wondered. "Wildcat." I told him as he looked at me and Courtney and then back at me, "What I didn't recruit anybody I just watched Courtney get three other members." I told him as he still gave me the disappointment look.

"This is serious you two. You put these kids in danger. You both need to get everything that you took back." Pat started, "I can't just take the hourglass from Rick." Courtney said as I nodded, "He won't let us even near it. Or I could then I might be murdered." I told Pat as he looked at me and Courtney once again. "I'll talk to Rick while you two get the goggles from Beth, and the Wildcat suit from Yolanda. And you bring them back here." He told us as I knew it would crush Yolanda if either of us did it. And I won't go to Yolanda and tell her "Hey I know you love being Wildcat but Pat believes that we need to take it all back. So I have to take it from you." I thought, shaking my head. "Pat, I can not take them..." Courtney started.

"Or do you want your new friends to wind up like Joey Zarick?" Pat asked as it made me remember what happened to Joey Zarick that day due to Icicle and how I couldn't save him because I cracked my rib and couldn't run that easily since it wasn't healing as fast. I always look back on that day and think I could have saved him. "Do you?" He asked again as I breathed heavily knowing Courtney's answer but I wouldn't crush Yolanda or Beth's hopes...I just couldn't including after what Yolanda has been through in the past year.

"I know you two don't respect me much, but I thought it was more than this." Pat said as I was about to say something but knew it wasn't the right time. As Pat continued to collect the remaining items and put them in the bag. As it made Courtney stand there like myself as we both didn't know what to do. When I looked at her she almost was on the verge of breaking down as I hugged her, "I'll see you tomorrow Courtney." I told her starting to get out of the window then grabbed my mask and helmet as she nodded and I headed out running around the streets until I made it to my house as I saw Wally sitting on the stairs, "Oh my gosh. Now you too." I said as he looked at me like he was questioning me. "Why were you out until one-thirty in the morning?" Wally asked me as I shook my head.

"Superhero business Kid Flash. And you shouldn't be worrying about me while you're covered in the smell of alcohol. And I recommend you shower before my mother gets home." I told him as I could smell the reek of alcohol coming off of Wally from Cindy's party. I passed him on the stairs as I got to my room then my closet as I started stripping from my costume into my light blue pajamas as I put my suit back in it's case as I put the helmet under some of my jeans as I headed back in my room turning off the light and closing the curtains as I flopped on my bed...and everything just turns dark and peaceful for once.

LATER . . .

ONCE we arrived at school I continued to hear the same conversation about Ted Grant and how he was able to come back from having his career almost end. And before I could do anything Courtney walked in as she came over to the other side of Yolanda as I smiled at her. This is the first time in months I have seen Yolanda this happy...and I won't destroy it by doing what Pat says on this. I don't care what anyone says. I don't want to take it from Yolanda, or Beth. Because it makes them have something and I understand how it feels to belong and now they are feeling it.