Chapter Five: Kill Or Be Killed

I had woken up earlier than usual. The sun just barely beyond the horizon. The more I stayed in this world, the more I never wanted to leave. If I was being honest, the real world sucked. Now to be given the opportunity to stay here, where I knew what would happen each day, it was like a gift. It was living in a dreamland.

Phoebe was the only thing keeping me set on trying to find a way out. I kept trying to use my powers randomly, hoping that it would work. This morning, I had tried once again. Except, just when I thought that it wouldn't the water in my cup created a small whirlpool.

The most amount of water that I have controlled at once was when I stopped the rain from hitting the ground. Now, it wasn't much compared to my normal amount, but it put me in good mood. This was the first step to finding a way out.

If I was going to be in this world, I at least wanted to leave by choice. I didn't want to be stuck here without an escape route. That would only cause unnecessary issues.

Today Mason Lockwolf was going to tell Caroline's mother about the Salvatore's being vampires. Speaking of her mother, as I walked out of my room, she was walking towards the front door with a box in her hands. I jogged down the hallway, opening the door for her. "Are you off today?" She smiled, walking onto the porch.

"The Historical Society volunteer picnic is today. You're the one who signed me up." She stated, placing the box in the trunk of her car. Taking a breath in, I tried to change the subject. "Right. There has been so much going on lately that I totally forgot." The never showed that specific part in the show, which meant in moment's like these, I was completely in the dark.

Thinking back to the episodes, Caroline and her mother were having problems. Was I coming off to nice? She turned to me; her arms crossed. "It's fine. I'm going to spend the entire day with my daughter." She was almost snarky about it. I remembered how Caroline and Liz had gotten into a fight, and she had told her that they never got to spend time together.

She was obviously offended, and now was retaliating. I took a step back, scuffing. "Why are you trying to be a mother now?" I stabbed at the already opened wound. She looked away; her eyes focused on the ground. "You know I have been buried in work."

"Well, be warned. Elena has me in a mood." I gave her an excuse. I didn't want to be rude, but in this situation Caroline would have been. This was her mother. For now, I will keep up the charade with her.

"Great for me." She said with sarcasm. "Is it about what happened last night? Elena came over pretty late." She continued to figure out what had happened. I sighed, a lie already in mind. "Yeah. Her and Stefan got into a fight, and I took his side. She didn't like that, and we got in an argument."

Not only was she going to find out about Damon and Stefan, but today she would find out that her daughter was a vampire. With this thought in mind, I tried to give her hints. Maybe if she knew that I was going to tell her, when she really found out, it wouldn't be as bad.

"I want to tell you something." I said suddenly. She looked up at me, a vain look on her face. "You're pregnant, aren't you?" She took a deep breath, nervous. I could tell she was expecting the worse and was trying her best to look calm. I chuckled. "No. I'm not pregnant."

She sighed in relief, a smile now on her lips. "If you really think I'm going to be mad then we can sit down and talk about it when we get home; but we have to get to the picnic." She explained. At least I tried. "Okay, but I just want you to remember that I'm still the Caroline that you watched grow up... Promise me that whatever I tell you, you won't be mad."

She was skeptical but promised regardless. "I promise." I smiled, walking back into the house to grab my purse. I liked her mother even though she was on the counsel. With some of these little hits, I was hoping to help their relationship.