Secrets Revealed (Chapter 1)

Ok my junkies, here's the first chapter and it picks up right where Only in my Dreams left off. Please enjoy and let me know what you guys think about it!!! BTW, I know I say this alot but thank you so much for all the votes and the comments; seems like I can't thank you enought. Also, if you haven't read Only in my Dreams then please read it first so you will know what is going on with these two. Please enjoy!!

****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 1

John sat at the table on one side of Mrs. Morgan's yard watching his wife with needy eyes. Since she walked down the aisle earlier as a maid of honor for her friend Amy, he had been breathless and hungry for her. He knew he had screwed things up a few months ago, all because of his male pride. He thought that Katherine wouldn't be strong enough to know what he really did for a living but he had been wrong and he had truly hurt her, so they had gone back to the cat and mouse game that was once played between them. This time he was the only one doing the chasing but he wouldn't ever give up.

For the last six months, John had tried hard to keep his distance from her but it was damn hard. He had told her once that when he got his hands on her, he would never let go and he would be damned if he let her get away. She knew how he felt about her and he knew that everything that had happened was hard on her. Hell, he couldn't blame her one bit for the distance but tonight he would start the long journey of fixing everything.

The earrings he had bought her two months before had started to burn a hole in the pocket of his tux jacket. He had been waiting for the right moment to give them to her and he figured now was as good of a time as any.

"Go talk to her dammit." Jaime, he brother-in-law stated while he handed him a beer.

"I will." He just didn't want her to run.

Jaime sat down before he spoke again.

"She may look like she's been ignoring you but she hasn't. Go dance with her." Jaime said with a pointed look.

John took a deep breath then chugged his beer. He pushed away from the table and stalked toward the only woman that he could ever love; his little witch. Katherine tried hard not to stare but failed. Just before he reached her, she turned her back to him.

"I could feel your eyes on me from across the yard." John whispered in her ear.

John felt the shutter that rolled down Katherine's little body and a smile tugged at his lips. He pulled her hips to him, wanting her to feel the affect she had on him.

"Dance with me Katherine, I need to feel you in my arms for a few minutes."

Hell, this right here was almost too much for him.

"One dance." Katherine stated breathlessly.

John closed his eyes and silently thanked her for the answer. He walked her out to the makeshift dance floor, not once letting her go. Pulling her close, he could feel her breath on his neck and had to suppress his own shutter.

"You have been driving me crazy since you marched that pretty little butt down the aisle earlier." He confessed.

"That doesn't change things John." Katherine breathed against his neck.

With that one comment, something within John snapped. He'll be damned.

"The hell it doesn't. I'm tired of having to tip toe around my own wife. I realize I've screwed up but this is how things are going to go now."

John looked down to see fire in his wife's eyes. He knew it was a mixture of lust and anger.

"You are going to give me one night to prove to you that you belong to me, Katherine. Take this and then come find me when you're ready to leave."