Chapter 6: Kano's decison

Start from the beginning

"Thank you sir." Kazumi said giving the servant a closed eye smile.
"Kano-kun, you can start eating now."

"H-huh?!" Kano said as he looked at Kazumi.

"All those food are yours, you can eat them."

"B-but, how about you Kazumi-san?"

"I'm alright, don't worry about me."

Kano ate all the food and even almost choke himself. For the past three weeks, he ate almost nothing but bread and water. This is the only time he managed to eat this many. Kazumi paid for all the food Kano ate before leaving the restaurant.

"Here." Kazumi said as she takes out a scarf from inside her haori and gave it to Kano, she also took her haori off for him to wear.

"You can keep your haori Kazumi-san, the scarf is enough." Kano said holding the haori.

"No need, you need it more than I do. It's winter, your clothes are very thin and also torn."

Kazumi also used some bandages to wrap around his feet to prevent too much cold to enter from it.

"Tell me, do you still remember your way back home?" Kazumi asked.

"Yes but, my home's a little bit far from here." Kano answered.

"Alright then, let's go."

Kano was really surprised at what he heard, a stranger who he just met would help him go back home. He was about to protest at this but he remembered his mother who's ill and is very worried about him. They walked on the path Kano pointed at as the way back to his home, they walked until the night fell and they have to rest in the forest.

"By the way Kazumi-san, are those clothes you're wearing some sort of a uniform?" Kano asked looking at her clothes.

"Yes. You see, I'm a demon slayer." Kazumi answered.

"A demon slayer? What's that?" Kano tilted his head a bit looking completely clueless.

"We are the people who slay demons in order to protect and save humans, we have our weapons called nichirin swords. The only kind of sword capable of decapitating a demon." She answered.

"So, does that mean, the sword you're carrying with you is a real one?" Kano pointed at her sword beside her.

"Yes, and to be honest, this is my second mission."

Kano can't believe at what he just heard. He was amazed and at the same time shocked.

'He's just a bit smaller than me and yet, he's already having such mission as this?'
Kano thought as he listen on Kazumi's explanation about the demons.

Their abilities, how they turn into one, and what they do in order to survive. And also about their organization whose duty is to save and protect humanity from this creatures.

     They spent the whole night in the forest. The next day, they continued their journey to Kano's home. And by noon, they finally arrived.

"So, this is your place?" Kazumi said as her and Kano looked at the house while hiding behind the thick bushes.

"Yes, this is our home."

As a minute pass by, a young man came out. He has the same hair color as Kano tied in a high ponytail reaching his back but, his eyes are black unlike Kano's blue one.

"Is that your older brother?"

"Yes, that's Ieyasu nii-san."

They kept on watching until another man came out, he's obviously older. He has a dark brown hair tied in a low ponytail reaching his waist and black eyes.