four

three months later

luke had become close with amelia through the various classes they shared together. but only when ashton wasn't around cause he could get a little , jealous.

11:23

luke walked over towards amelias house quietly as to not make much noise.

it was just amelia and her mother these days but her mother worked full time as a flight attendant so she was never home.

she liked to think that's one of the only reasons they got along so well was their shared experience of having to grow up on their own.

he huffed and hugged his jacket closer to his body trying to block out the harsh winds.

he sees the lights on in the kitchen and he knocks once softly and turns the knob.

sneakily walking trying not to squeak one floor board he peers his head around the wall.

"you think you can just try and leave while i'm asleep? who do you think you are amelia? where were you going ?" ashton yells.

he chuckles

"you were going to luke's house weren't you?"

he leans over her as her frail body cowers in the corner

"as if you'd be safe there. as if i wouldn't know where you are." ashton gets louder, turns away from her grabs a plate off the counter and throws it above amelias head.

luke jumps at the sound.

"I needed help with some homework." she whispers.

ashton looks at her, pupils dialated with anger.

luke takes no time to push himself into the kitchen.
he knows he fucked up when he gets a look at ashtons face.

"hey what the fuck are you doing here? get the fuck out!" ashton yells pushing luke into the wall.

luke grabs the first thing he sees on the table and hits ashton over the head with it as he shakes with anxiety.

a wine bottle.
ashton was drunk.
it shatters.

oh my god he's dead

he shakes that thought out of his head as ashton collapses to the ground unconscious.

"mia stand up." luke looks at Amelia with pleading eyes as he squats down and grabs her hands.

"we can go to my place okay?" he says shakily

the stand up , looking back at ashtons head bleeding onto the kitchen floor.

she grabs her keys and rushes out.

"mia?" she whispers to herself.