The wind howled at me as it swirled throughout my lab coat. I looked at my shadow; with my coat blowing in the wind, I looked like a superhero. And that's what I felt like. With my coat as a cape and my clipboard as a weapon, I was going to save everyone in Arkham Asylum one by one. I smiled to myself as I unlocked my car and climbed in.

As soon as I shut my car door, I took the hair tie out of my hair, letting my platinum blonde hair fall to my shoulders. I looked in my rear view mirror, seeing my reflection. I giggled seeing what a mess my hair was. I stuck my tounge out staring into the mirror causing me to laugh even harder. I smiled, putting my car in reverse and drove all the way home without stopping.

I unlocked my front door and dropped my bags in my room. I wanted more than anything to shower and go straight to bed, but I knew I had to eat supper first. I took my cellphone out of my coat pocket and called the nearest pizza place.

"Alright, ma'am. Your cheese pizza will arrive in about 10 minutes." The guy on the line said.

"Okay, sounds great. Thank you." I replied.

"It's my pleasure." The call ended with a click.

I looked down at my phone, wondering if I should call Lola. I knew she said that she didn't want to be friends, but she didn't seem too well earlier. Besides, there was no way I could finish a whole pizza by myself. I debated for a few more minutes before clicking on her contact and putting the phone to my ear.

"Yea?" Lola answered, not sounding happy to be getting a call at 10 o clock at night.

"Hey, Lola. It's me, Harleen." I greeted. "I ordered a pizza and there's no way I'm going to be able to finish it all by myself. If you want to come over, you're more than welcome to."

"I would love to, but my husband doesn't like me going anywhere other than work." Lola tried to explain. "He's very protective."

"Okay, well I'll tell you what. Pizza is getting to my house in roughly 5 minutes. I'll text you my address and if you want to come, you're more than welcome to. And if not, it's totally okay." I said smiling through the phone.

"Okay. I'll see what I can do." She replied after a long pause before ending the call.

I shrugged my shoulders. At least I tried. I texted her my address and got two paper plates out and set them on the table in front of my tv. I didn't know her well enough to try and have a real conversation with her, so I figured putting on tv while we ate would smooth things over.

A few minutes went by and I heard a faint knock on the door. I thought that it was the tv, so I just ignored it, but then I heard it again and knew the pizza guy was here. I turned down the tv a bit, and grabbed some cash from my wallet. Surprisingly, I opened the door to find Lola standing there instead of the pizza guy.

"Oh. Come in. Glad you could make it." I smiled stepping to the side to let Lola in.

"Thanks for having me, Harleen." She responded as she stepped inside. I shut the door behind her and walked to the kitchen.

"What would you like to drink?" I asked hoping that she wouldn't say alcohol. If she did, I wouldn't deny her it, but I knew that she had been drinking an awful lot lately from what I had seen.

"Water is fine." She said messing with her fingers.

Subtle relief washed over me as I poured her, and myself, a glass of icey water. Just as I set the cup down, the doorbell rang. I rolled my eyes. I preferred it when people knocked on the door, but it was whatever.