14- halloween blues

Start from the beginning

"Can we get out of here?", Elaine asked Luana over the screaming, assisting the girl in warding off a small garden gnome that had a strong grasp on her friend's robes. "You don't even have to ask me", the Dolohov exclaimed breathlessly, finally yeeting away the small creature with a force quite unexpected, sending it off to the Ravenclaw table. The two Gryffindors waddled their way through the absolute chaos., surely hitting a few people left and right. As they finally stood before the huge wooden doors, they were met by small bubbles flying above their heads.

"And what, pray tell, may that be?", Elaine asked nervously, keeping her gaze on the pink and lilac bubbles that were bouncing off each other. "Just don't touch it", Luana assisted, trying to find a way through the masses of students hoping to escape the Hall. Soon, the first scream was heard, as a small second year Hufflepuff touched one of the bubbles with his pointer finger. A sudden silence was casted on the spectators, as everybody around stared at the boy, watching his head being transformed into a brightly orange, enormously huge pumpkin.

It was then that the commotion picked back up. One after one, the other students tried to leave the premises without being hit by one of the bubbles- deprived of such luck. It wasn't long until each and every student of Hogwarts sported a modification, apparently defined by one's house.

While the Hufflepuffs all had the pleasure of sharing their head with a certain vegetable or fruit (Elaine saw one first year displaying a banana and was now traumatized for life), the Ravenclaws had their previous clothes replaced with extravagant robes that could belong to the paintings of Hogwarts (The- very male- beater of the Quidditch team wore a fantastic pink dress that Elaine was almost jealous of).

Best of all were surely the Slytherins. The bubbles moved to their mouths, ushering every single one of them to break out into song as soon as they wanted to speak- into muggle songs. It was the pleasure of a lifetime to see all the stuck-up, snobby purebloods belting out the lyrics to ABBA's latest album or professing their deepest feelings to their professors by giving a rendition of a Beatles' song. While Elaine was unfamiliar with quite a number of those singles, the mere atmosphere created was one to bask in.

As expected, the Marauders couldn't help themselves but showcase their commitment to the cause once again by gifting every Gryffindor student with a fantastic Halloween costume. Elaine couldn't be more grateful as she looked down on herself and saw that she was sporting a black cat-costume, adorned by cat-ears, a tail as well as two pointed teeth.

The irony, she thought to herself.

However, she held herself to be more than lucky, as the French caught sight of Lily stuck in a skeleton costume that actually showed her real bones, next to Frank who was wrapped in toilet paper from head to toe, giving off a wonderful mummy vibe.

"I'm going to kill them", the redhead fumed, trying to undo the spell put on her, but ultimately failing to do so.

"Kill who?", an innocent voice sounded behind the Gryffindors having found themselves in the entrance hall. Upon turning around, Elaine was met with the smirking faces of all four marauders. "Nice ears, Savvy", Sirius flirted, reaching out to touch her head.

"Keep your fingers away from me if you know what's good for you", she threatened, glaring at the taller boy who was in no means intimidated. "What did you say again, Moony? As scary as a kitten?", the Gryffindor mused, calling out to his friend beside him.

"Accurate, wouldn't you agree?", the tallest of the marauders added thoughtfully, giving Elaine a big smile.

"Tas de putain de crétins", the French muttered, uncaring of the looks she was receiving.