I slowly get up from my bed and tread to my window. I'm losing hope – my life is now dangling on a thin short thread which could anytime and drop me on the floor crippling me – unable to be healed. I pull the curtains even closing, causing them to overlap so that not even a single ray of light can brighten up my cold secluded room. I walk into the bathroom slamming the door shut behind me. I rest my back against the door as I slowly slither down on to the floor feeling the coldness seep through me. However, it no longer makes a differences, it does not cause me to chill. I've grown familiar to the cold, I no longer feel stings shooting through my body.

Pushing my hair back, I crawl over to the basin, pulling myself up using the counter. I rest both palms on it as I sigh sharply taking in slow harsh breaths. Reluctantly I open my eyes, embracing myself to face the reality; me.

My strawberry blonde hair is splayed all over as it cascades down my back reaching the over. I run my finger under my eyes, wincing at the sight of my dark circles. I bring my hair into a bun and knot it with a hair tie at the top, when my gaze falls on the scar on my temple. I flinch as I trace it with my finger. I pull a strand of hair to cover the scar and the image of my stepfather.

Strawberry. That was the pet name Evan called me by. He thought my hair was an extraordinary colour and whenever he'd see a strawberry it would make him think of me. But there was no more Evan. I shake my head, annoyed that I can't get him out of my head. I put on my dark framed glasses using my murky green orbs to analyse my appearance. Suddenly I start to feel nauseous and no longer want to shower so I just splash cold water on my face instead and decide to call it a day.

I sit up on my bed, reaching over to open the drawer in my side table. My hand instantly goes for the black box which is sat in the corner. I pick up the small box, running y fingers over it as I tug at the cream ribbon. Slowly, I pull the lid off. I inhale sharply as I pick the ring up cautiously. The ring still has tints of blood outlining the ring. I grab a tissue, use my spit to wet it and then rub the ring to remove the blood

After cleaning the ring, I throw the stained tissue on to the floor and grip the ring tightly, clenching my fist. As the diamond presses into my palm, memories come flooding back. The illuminating moon, the rose petal pathway and then finally Evan, waiting for me on one knee. I slip the ring back on to my finger, thinking back to the most magical night of my night. I didn't regret my decision then and I never will now. That day I became Evan's and I will always be his. I roll the ring around my ring finger as grief fills my heart and tears fall from my eyes.

I'm resting my head on the backboard, holding the ring to my chest when I hear shouting from downstairs. I jump up, startled. Is it Trey? I wonder what's happened now. Questions are running through my mind head frantically. What is he going to do to me this time? I hope he isn't in a rough mood because I know he will end up take his anger out on me and my Mum will just watch as he takes control.

"I'm taking her!" That is definitely a sound of a male but it isn't Treys voice, which causes me to sigh heavily. Then I remember that Trey has gone on his monthly trips which makes relax my tensed shoulders.

"She is my daughter!" I hear mum shout, causing me to scoff.

I then hear loud footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly lay down, turning to my side and close my eyes tightly.

"You can't take her," My mums voice begins becoming much clearly showing how close she is is.

"Of course I can." The man speaks in a rough and aggressive tone, but there's something about his accent. He doesn't sound American.

"Asher, sweetheart please calm down." This time it isn't my mum that speaks, this woman has a soothing voice. What on earth is going on outside?

"How do you expect me to calm down? My brothers' daughter is locked up in this place and you expect me to just leave her to rot in this hellhole?" The man replies. Is he talking about my dad?

"He is dead." My mum shouts negligently. Tears fall down my face as her voice echoes in my ears. How can she sound so emotionless and insensitive? Does the loss of my father not bother her even a little bit? If she loved him she would never shout that so impassively.

I hear a loud snort. "How can you be so cold-hearted? He ran away from his family for you, he bloody died for you! And this I how you repay him? I feel sorry for Tom, I feel sorry that he fell in love with such a wretched woman!" My mind goes into over drive, what does he mean my Dad died for her?

"Asher, pleas, Holly can hear you." The other woman says in low voice.

"I don't care, I'm taking her with me. This game ends here, Tim told me to keep her safe and she isn't bloody safe here. She's coming with me. It is the least I can do my best friend!" Dad told him? He came here because of my Dad? I quickly jump up from my bed, running to my door and pull it open.

Hello all! Fighting For Life is back, it is just in the midst of a good rewrite because I did start this story over three years ago. And since then my ideas have developed and I have become a little better with my writing LOL! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Please do like, comment and follow for more chapters! <3