Chapter Seventeen: Internships #2

Start from the beginning

"Y/N." Tomioka's voice takes my attention. I look up to him as we keep watching. "Why is it that you're so secretive about your appearance in public?" He asks.

I tug the red material around my neck and sigh, "Well... The Sports Festival is a buzz so I don't really want people recognising me." I smile awkwardly up at Tomioka. "Last time someone picked me out from that event, I was a bit—um... anxious."

Tomioka nods his head before facing forward again. He really did make md feel like I was talking to Todoroki.

A few moments passed and we met up with Mt Lady. We were sent upstairs to the lounge, where we were told Mt Lady was resting.

Dad peered over his shoulder to us. "Remember, it's good to have  connection to other Pro Heroes. It won't be long until Y/N here is a Pro herself, right?" He speaks, grinning at us.

Tomioka and I agree.

He walks in first, standing respectfully as he announced, "Mt Lady, it's good to see you again. How are your wounds from the last fight?"

I followed in after Tomioka as the two of them walk further into the room. I hear Mt Lady say that she was fine and welcome us here. As soon as I was in view, Mt Lady's eyes fall on me.

She stands up from drinking from her cup and tosses the magazine to the couch she was sitting on. She gasped, "Oh, you've got yourself an intern as well! She's from UA, right?"

Dad nods his head as I bow to her. "My name is L/N Y/N, ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you." I tell her.

When I stand straight again, Dad introduces me as his daughter and the one who came in third at the Sports Festival. Mt Lady then trots her way over to me and waves her hands. "Oh yeah! Kamui was saying how he wanted to get you as his intern at the Sports Festival! Your father was your pick, huh?"

I do recall getting an offer from Woods.

As I go to speak to her, I feel a tug on the back of my coat. It was rather... low.

I turn around, eyes met with nothing before I hear a deleted chuckle, "This is the closest I've ever gotten to a girl's privates..."

I immediately recognise the voice.

My eyes dawn downwards as I see Mineta in a cleaning outfit, red cheeks as he gazes at my body. I gasp, jumping back as I grasp the sides of my overcoat and pulling them together to hide myself, "MINETA! Y—You little piece of—"

Tomioka steps in front of me, drawn sword pointing at Mineta's face. The purple boy looks scared as Tomioka's blade draws closer and closer threateningly, as he speaks lowly, "Do not get any more closer to her."

Dad pulls me back and mutters out, "And who is this one?" He smiles at the boy falsely, glaring the whole time.

Mt Lady waves her hands as she walks passed us. "Just my intern. Don't mind him." She tells us, whacking him upside the head, "I'll whip him into shape for the Pro Hero world soon."

Mineta's eyes sparkled. "Whip?"

I scowled quietly in disgust.

Dad patted his sidekick's shoulder. "Ease it down, Tomioka. He's just an intern. For now." He says to him.

Tomioka waits a moment before lowering his weapon. "Yes, sir." He speaks, keeping his eye on my classmate. He moves aside and takes his place beside me, allowing me to finally relax and shove my hands into my pockets.

"I apologise, ma'am." Tomioka speaks. He bows towards Mt Lady, who shakes it off without a thought.

"Oh, don't worry about it, Hashira." She spoke, crossing her arms, "Mineta's going to be doing some hard labour after we're done here."