Chapter Two

[2]

After about ten minutes, they arrived at Karaoke Dokie, getting out of the car and heading inside the restaurant.

They sat at a table, and already Jade noticed a few girls staring at Freddie with a dreamy look in their eyes. She almost walked over and told them off, but she decided against it. She knew better.

Jade announced she had to use the ladies room and left, and a blonde girl walked over to Freddie and sat down across from him.

"Hey handsome," she smiled at the confused boy. "I've never seen you around here before...mind if I get your number?"

Freddie gave the girl a wry smile, clearly not in the mood to deal with her right now.

"I do mind, actually."

The blonde frowned. "Oh come on, at least let me have your number. We could hang out soon. You're quite handsome."

Freddie scoffed, folding his hands together on the table. "If you haven't noticed, I'm here with someone. And she will be back in any minute, so I suggest you leave."

The blonde huffed, a heavy frown on her face. "That goth chick? She's nothing but a whore. You should be with me instead, I can make you much happier."

The brown-eyed boy became angry, inches away from slamming his fist on the table. "Don't you dare call her that ever again. I want you to leave this table right this second, or I'll call for the manager."

The blonde huffed again, standing up and walking off, but not without flipping him the middle finger.

Five minutes later, Jade walked back to the table, seeing the angered look on Freddie's face.

"What happened?"

Freddie forced a smile at her. "Nothing. I took care of it. Let's just order, alright?"

Jade nodded, dropping it as he said to. Even though she didn't want to.

After ordering their food, Freddie decided to start up a conversation. "So, Cat is your friend, I assume?"

The raven haired beauty nodded, licking her lips as she replied, "my best friend. We've known each other since kindergarten."

The brown-eyed boy smiled softly. "That's great. She's pretty adorable. Just...quirky."

Jade laughed quietly, resting her elbows on the table as she put her chin in her hands. "She is cute. But ditzy. She's pretty special."

Freddie chuckled lightly, looking into the goth's beautiful blue-green doe eyes. They practically sparkled with what seemed to be happiness, and he was overjoyed at that fact.

Sam's eyes were never as bright as Jade's, Freddie thought to himself silently. Her eyes were always dull.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

Jade's voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he cleared his throat, grinning at her. "Your eyes are really pretty."

Jade smiled brightly, and her eyes became even brighter.