"Are you new here? I haven't seen you before," he smiled as we walked down the hallway, to where I don't know, I was following him. "Yeah, I just moved-" I stopped and looked back for my newfound acquaintance. He was nowhere to be seen. "here," I said under my breath. I brushed my hair behind my ear and kept walking looking for an office. I finally found it, down the hall to the right.

"Here is your schedule, since you couldn't come with your mother yesterday I suppose I should give you a tour of the school. We're so glad you've decided to join us here at Wattpad High," a short, round lady smiled at me. For a moment I thought she might hug me. Ugh, I shuddered at the thought.

I followed her down the hallway, around the corners, looking in every open space for my acquaintance. I should have been paying attention to where I was going, but I couldn't focus. How rude it was to start a conversation with someone and then leave. "And this is your first class of the day," the lady smiled, pointing to a door I didn't realize we were at. I peeked inside the window. The classroom was full and a short gray-haired man was standing at the front of the class. I looked at my schedule for the first time. History. Great. The lady, who's name I didn't catch, barged right into the classroom without knocking. "Mrs. Poe," the gray-haired man nodded, ending whatever he was talking about. "Mr. Green," she nodded back, blushing slightly. Ew, a teacher crush. "This is Julia Moorhouse, she is going to be joining your first period class." The man moved forward to shake my hand. "Abby, actually," I smiled. "Well, nice to have you, Abby, please take a seat there in the back and I will get you a book." Mr. Green pointed to a seat in the last row, third to last seat. As he and Mrs. Poe continued to flirt for a moment, I observed my surroundings for the first time.

In front of me sat a blonde-haired girl with glasses who had obviously never spent more than five minutes getting ready for anything. Next to me sat a chubby guy who was smiling creepily at me everytime I glanced over at him. "What's up Julia?" I turned around to see a girl leaning back in her desk twirling a big purple lollipop around in her mouth. She had dark curly hair and dark skin, which I could see way too much of in her low cut red spaghetti strap tank top. She had big silver hoops in her ears bigger than any bracelet I owned. She smiled at me, the kind of smile that you don't know how to interpret. She was intimidating, and I really didn't want problems with her on my first day, or last for that matter. "Hi," I said, smiling and turning back around quickly. Mr. Green had resumed teaching but I couldn't concentrate on him. All I could concentrate on was the lollipop girl behind me and how I could feel her analyzing every hair on my head. I hoped she didn't want to yank it out, she looked like she could if she wanted to. Finally the bell rang and I stood up and pulled my schedule out. Lollipop girl bumped her way passed me, nearly knocking me over and giving me a snotty look. Did I just make an enemy? Surely not, I have only been here 45 minutes!

I made my way down the hall and into my next class, english. Another class I hate. I am good at it, but I don't really see the use for it. I'm not going to be sitting down 20 years from now trying to figure out how many nouns are in a sentence. It was much like my first class, boring and monotonous. No one talked to me except Mrs. Doran, the teacher, and that was minimal. After 90 minutes of listening to the same things that have been preached to me for the last 11 years, it was finally time for lunch. I was starving, but this was the part of the day I dreaded the most. I didn't want to eat alone while everyone stared at me. After five minutes of looking for my locker, I put my two books in it and followed everyone else to the cafeteria. I stepped into line trying my best to blend in. It seemed to have worked, or so I thought. "Hi, I'm Amber!" a bubbly blonde grinned at me and stuck her hand out. She looked way too happy to be at school and reminded me of that Katie Holmes movie where the students were brainwashed. "Abby," I shook her hand. "So I know its your first day and if you don't already have reservations you are more than welcome to sit with my friends and me over there" she pointed to a round table on the far side of the cafeteria next to a window. Some of her friends were already sitting there. I could tell they were her friends because they all looked as brainwashed as her, smiling and giggling. "Okay, thanks" I said. It was better than eating alone.