Chapter Two

"I'd like to take you out to dinner tonight."  "For what Alex?"  Sandy and the rest of the girls just smile.  "Well Jen.  It is your birthday, and as your boyfriend, it would only be the right thing to do.  Not to mention that I would like to as well."  She kisses him on the cheek.  "But honey, you already bought me roses and a cute little teddy bear."  "But I was just warming up."  Jen smiles and her friends begin to giggle.  "I take it this is a no-win situation."  "Well, I would cook you dinner, that way we could be alone..."  "Personally Alex. I like that idea better."  Everyone in the group stops dead in their tracks, including Alex, but Jen keeps walking.  When she notices no one is around, she turns around.  "What?  Did I say something wrong?"  Alex smiles then walks up and puts his arm around her.  He leans over and whispers in her ear.  "I like that idea better myself."  She looks at him and smiles, then he leans over and kisses her.  When they get to the parking lot, the group splits up and goes to their cars.  "Hey Alex," Matt says before getting into the car.  "Are we going to the weight room tomorrow?"  "I don't think so Matt.  I have one final at eight in the morning, then I'm done for the week."  "Ok.  I don't get done until noon.  I'll give you a call though."  Sandy reaches over and hits his leg.  "That's unless something else comes up."  He looks into the car and says something to Sandy.  "Alright Matt.  I'll talk to you later."  Matt waves and hops into the car.  Alex hits the button to unlock the door, then hops in himself.  He reaches over to open the door but Jen was already getting into the car.  "I hope I didn't embarrass you out there."  Alex looks at her and smiles.  "No.  I was hoping to get that answer, just not in front of everyone."  Jen leans over and kisses him, then he starts the car and backs up to leave. 

"So, I'll pick you up around five?"  "Yes, that sounds like a good idea."  He leans over and kisses her passionately.  She wraps an arm around his neck and they touch tongues then break apart.  She touches the side of his face.  "I love you."  "I love you too Jen."  She gets out of the car and walks to the door.  She waves when she reaches the porch and Alex begins to back out of her driveway.  He drives home and tries to think of something romantic to cook for dinner.  He turns around in someone's driveway, and heads for the store. 

"You are going out with him again?"  "Yes Jeff.  He is my boyfriend you know."  "I don't know what you girls see in someone like him.  I mean, it will all be flab when they get older anyway.  Muscles are the first thing to go."  "Jeff, that's not why I love him.  Maybe when you get older, you will understand."  "Gee thanks sis.  Love you too."  Jeff leaves Jen's room and heads for the kitchen.  Jen sprays on some perfume, finishes her hair and heads downstairs.  "Come on Becky, I'm graduating in three days.  Just this once before I go."  Jen shakes her head.  "You will never learn will you Jeff."  Jeff waves at her then turns around and continues his conversation.  "Mom, would you mind if I spent the night at Alex's tonight?  He has three extra bedrooms, and he is having a few people over for my birthday.  I'm not sure how late we will be partying."  "He is having people over?  That's fine then.  Have a good time."  "I will Mom and thanks."  Jen walks over to the computer and checks her email while waiting for Alex to come pick her up.

As Alex pulls into Jen's driveway, her dogs start barking like crazy.  She waves to him through the window, then grabs her bag and heads out the door.  "Hey honey."  She says as she gets in the car.  "Happy birthday."  He kisses her briefly and begins backing down the driveway.  "What's in the bag?"  He asks as he puts the car in drive.  Jen smiles, "Oh, just something to wear when I leave tomorrow." Alex looks over at her and smiles.  "I take it you are staying the night."  "Only if it's okay with you."  Alex slides his hand between her legs.  "I'm sure it will be okay." 

After he pulled into his driveway, Alex insisted that Jen wait for him to open her door.  As he opens it, Jen slowly gets out, then wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him passionately.  "What was that for?"  He says with a smile.  "Oh nothing."  She turns and starts walking up to the house.  Still slightly dazed, Alex closes the car door, then rushes to get the house door for her.  As Jen walks through the door, she places her purse on the table and takes the keys from Alex.  She sets them on the table, then wraps her arms around his neck as he closes the door.  She tenderly kisses his lips, then his cheek, then begins to kiss his neck.  He wraps his arms around her and buries his face into the hair against her neck.  He turns his head and whispers in her ear.  "I guess we will be skipping dinner then."  She kisses him passionately.  "Unless you are really hungry."  He shakes his head and slowly moves his hands under her shirt and up her back.  He looks her in the eyes.  "Are you sure you want to do this?"  She looks back at him.  "I think the question is, are you sure you don't?"