Unstable

As the night approached Serenity staggered into a house barely conscious. "Help! Help!" Came her raspy voice.
A light came on in the next room. "Hello?" A small voice called, "Is anyone there?" The voice quavered as it got nearer.
"Help! I need help!" Serenity inaudibly screamed whipping her head back and forth trying to see her possible savior.
The person that the voice belonged to turned on a flashlight pointing a beam of miraculous light shining onto her blue converses, traveling up her body over her faded glory jeans and baby blue sweater. Finally it reached her grungy face coated in dirt and grime.
"Oh my god, are you okay?" From the sound of it the girl asked temporarily off guard.
Serenity coughed trying to use her scratchy voice. "Lock the doors, please!" Serenity pleaded.
"Why?" The girl asked.
Serenity gave her a look of pure helplessness and the girl practically ran to the front door and locked, dead bolted, and latched it. "One second," she called as she flew to a back entrance down the hall.
After a moment the girl came back walking right past Serenity,
Reaching a large whole in one wall, casually she reached in and pulled out a large suitcase.
"This should be a...." The girl set it down next to her head pushing open the single latch that held the case shut. "First Aid Kit!" She exclaimed pulling it open, "Where to start?" She murmured shining her light over Serenity's multiple wounds.
Serenity let out a scream echoing off the walls as the girl started wiping off her face. "It burns!" Serenity cried trying to cover her face.
"That's because their Antibacterial wipes, they will sting but will also clean off your face enough for me to dress your...... " she floundered for a word to describe the carnage that was her face. Then she really began to clean scrubbing the wipe all over until all the grime was gone.
After getting all her wounds dressed Serenity asked "Who are you?"
"I'm Cathy..........what happened?"

Next book in line is......

Chapter Two

Love Letter