Chapter 1

IVY P.O.V.
I'm humming to myself as I get ready. It is complete darkness in my room and the sun is just coming up. I went on a little jog around the castle. I came back right before anyone woke up. I am getting ready in the usual get up. Hair in a braid, leather pants, a shirt, a leather jacket, a whip, and my lovely red fox mask. Yes I obviously look like a fox and I've heard of the legendary fox queen. People talk about the fox queen who gives the best advice and everyone comes far and wide trying to identify her. But I really dont want to show people what is under my mask. My maid knocks as she comes in. She is the only one that knows and I allow her to come and go as long as she knocks. She dosent bow but I dont make my people do that. She takes one look at me then says, "Is that what you're wearing for the suitors?" She looks at my fire red braided hair, my mask, my shirt and jacket, my pants, my whip, and lastly my shoeless feet. She then says "Maybe a nice dress?" I sigh and then say "If they don't like me for who I am, they can go. But if you think a dress will suit me then fine." The maid gives me a sly grin then snaps her fingers. My mouth drops seemingly to the floor and I have to sit down as the other maids wheel in the most beautiful dress I have ever seen.