secrets.

hi guys thank you so much for 800+ reads! that's crazy!🥰🥰🥰 anyways this is set in season 2 episode 2 "sexual harassment" when pam's mom visits.

Pam waited eagerly for her mom, Helene, to arrive at the office for the first time. She hadn't seen her in forever. She told her mom everything. About Roy, work, her boss, but most importantly, Jim. Helene had strongly encouraged her to leave Roy for Jim, but she never listened. Instead, she stayed trapped in an engagement that had no end in sight. "Um, hello!" said a familiar voice. Pam turned to see her mom smiling at her. "Oh my gosh!!" she stood up and gave her mom a big hug.

Jim watched as Pam and her mom spoke excitedly to one another. He thought Pam's connection with her mom was adorable. He thought she was adorable. He decided to introduce himself. He walked up to reception with his hands in his pockets, hoping to make a good impression on Helene. She was, after all, the mother of the woman who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. But he wouldn't tell her that. Not yet. Maybe someday. "Hey mom I'd like you to meet Jim!" Pam said, putting special emphasis on his name. He wondered why. "Hi Mrs. Beesly!" He held out his hand for her to shake. "I'm Jim Halpert. It's great to meet you!" He smiled. "Oh so you must be the famous Jim I've been hearing all about!" Helene said as she shook his hand. "Mom!" Pam said as her face went red out of embarrassment. "Sorry, honey... it's nice to meet you too, Jim." She smiled.

Later that day, a few minutes before 5pm, Jim was in the kitchen making some tea when Helene walked out of the restroom. "Hello, Jim!" She said. "Hi Mrs. Beesly! How was your day here at Dunder Mifflin?" He replied. "Oh, it was great! I was just about to go home." She replied. "By the way, Pam talks about you all the time. She really likes you." "Oh really?" he couldn't keep himself from smiling. "Like, how so? Do you mean as a friend or..?" He asked, immediately regretting it. "Maybe you should ask her yourself." Helene smiles and raises her eyebrows at him before walking out of the door, leaving Jim speechless.

Pam watched through the door in the kitchen as her mom told Jim something that she could not hear. All she knew is that his mouth was slightly opened due to what looked to be pure shock, before a huge smile appeared on his face. She wondered what he was thinking about. She wondered what her mom had told him. Oh no. She wouldn't have told him that, right? When Helene approached her desk, she opened her mouth to speak before Pam interrupted her. "What did you tell him?!" She said a little bit too loudly, causing a few people nearby to look at them before quickly returning to their work. "I told him something.... but I promise that it is entirely up for interpretation!! I didn't tell him anything directly..." she went on. "Mom! That doesn't make it any better!" She sighed. "I'm sorry, Pam. I have to go home, though. I love you." Helene replied, as she walks around the reception desk to give her daughter a hug. "It's okay. I love you too. It was great to see you today." "You too. Good night!" Pam waved to her mom as she walked out the door before putting her face in her hands.

"Umm.. hey." Pam looked up. "Oh hey Jim!" She blushed. "I was wondering if you wanted to eat dinner on the roof with me? I thought that'd be fun. I feel like we haven't talked much recently.." he tried his best to make it not sound like a date, though he wished that it was.  "Sure! I would love that!" They smiled at each other. "Okay, awesome. I'll make some of my 'famous grilled cheese sandwiches'" he laughed and so did she.

*time skip to when they are on the roof*

Pam and Jim sat in silence as they ate dinner and watched the sunset. It was pretty romantic, despite their view of their ugly street. Once they were finished, Pam decided to address the elephant in the room. "Jim?" He looked over at her. "What- erm.. what did my mom tell you?" She asked nervously, unable to make eye contact with him. "Oh.. she said that.. she said that you talk about me all the time, and that you 'really like me'. I mean I'm sure that-" "Oh thank God! I thought that she may have told you something else.." she interrupted. "What did you think she told me?" Jim asked, smiling at her. "Um.. nothing! It doesn't matter.."

"Yes it does."

"No it doesn't."

"Yes it does!"

"Okay fine. I guess so. So what are your weekend plans?" She finally agreed, desperate to change the subject. "Beesly, you can tell me anything." He took her hand in his. "No.. no not this. I'm sorry." She said, now looking into his eyes. "Pam. Please." He squeezed her hand, unable to let go of this topic. "Fine. I was worried that she told you.. erm.. something else that I had told her about you."

"Such as?"

She paused, tearing up a bit. She knew this would be the end of their friendship. That this would ruin everything. That he wouldn't feel the same way she did. But she's waited long enough. "I was worried she'd told you that I am in love with you.." she swallows, she couldn't get rid of the lump in her throat. Jim looks at her, and to her surprise he does not look angry. "I'm sorry, Jim. I should go..." she stands up to leave but Jim stands up too and grabs her arm. "Pam, wait." He walks closer to her, and they are only inches apart. "I'm in love with you." It comes out before he can stop it, but he doesn't care. "Jim.. I.." she doesn't know what to say. On one hand, this was amazing. The best day of her life. But on the other hand, she was still engaged to Roy. "Pam.." he puts a hand on her waist, but still doesn't feel close enough.

"Can I kiss you?"

"Please, yes."

Their lips connected, their arms around each other, this was the perfect day. Jim pulled away slightly. "I love you." He smiled. He leaned in again, but Pam backed away. "Oh my God, what have I done! I'm engaged.. oh my god, oh my god" she cries. "Pam! Wait, please don't cry!" He pauses, walking over to her again. "Please don't stay with him.. you don't even have to be with me, but please don't stay with him. He doesn't deserve you.." "Jim I can't.." she trails off, thinking of all the times Roy was unsupportive of her, but Jim would encourage her to follow her dreams. Or whenever Roy would yell at or hurt her, and she'd come in the next day exhausted from having cried all night, but Jim would talk to her and help her for hours. He'd always been there for her. And now she knew why.

"Gosh, Jim.. maybe you're right." He smiles slightly. "Okay. I'll do it. I'll leave him tonight."  She surprises herself with the sudden amount of confidence she's gained. "Oh, and after that.. would you like to go out for dinner with me sometime?" She winks at him. "Beesly, are you pre-asking me on a date?" Jim chuckles. "That's exactly what I'm doing, sir!" She smiles up at him. "Well then, I accept!" He says with a little fake bow. Pam giggles and wraps her arms around him. "I love you, Jim." Jim smiles and holds her tight. "I love you, too. So, so much."

what's up guys!! how are y'all doing 🥰 i'm so sorry i haven't updated in so long but biology kinda makes me want to throw myself off a cliff because school sux:) um chile anyways so.. bahaha thank you all for your support i hope you enjoyed this story. requests are always welcome! i love you all so much, g'nite💕💕💕

-RS
word count: 1386