𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊: 𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖆𝖓

Start from the beginning

"He's only doing his job, hyung." Sicheng scoffed.

The older smirked and made a turn before responding back to the younger, "So feeding you and tucking you to bed are two job requirements of a head of security?"

Sicheng felt his cheeks heat up. He scoffed in protest at the older male's response. It was technically true that Taeyong would mostly cook his meals and would escort him back to his quarters before retreating to his own. It was just Johnny's words that made him feel like he was being babied and it instantly embarrassed him.

"I would watch what I say if I were you, Seo." The young King retorted. If Sicheng wasn't sporting a flustered look, Johnny would've thought he was being serious but knowing the younger male for a few years now, he knew better than to think he was someone scary. In fact, he feared Lee Taeyong more than he could ever fear the King of Caspian. Despite the height difference between him and Taeyong, it was something Johnny could never underestimate. He wasn't the head of security for nothing.

"Hai! Hai!" Johnny responded with a salute and a playful smile making Yukhei raised a brow in amusement at the male before turning to look at the King sitting next to him.

"Do you want to stop by for coffee before meeting the President?" Yukhei asked, softly.

"No. That's fine. But we could head there before we go to the coal mines." Sicheng responded.

Yukhei nodded and continued to do what he was doing. Sicheng assumed he was going through e-mails and schedules. His secretary was surely hardworking. It was rare seeing the taller male serious. It even scared the young King a bit but knowing the reason why reassured him. Yukhei's girlfriend had become pregnant and that was when he had vowed to himself that he would prove himself to her family that he would be able to take care of her and their child. When Yukhei started working for Sicheng, he was mostly playful and never took anything seriously unless it has something to do with Caspian. Yukhei would tell him stories of how his girlfriend's parents despise him as they wanted a more mature and responsible man for their daughter. Sicheng would see the hurt in the male's eyes but he would usually mask it with his famous award-winning smile. It didn't fool the King at all despite others believing otherwise. It had started to go downhill when Yukhei got her pregnant and her parents found out. It was only then, Yukhei made a promise to them. That he could be the man they want him to be for his daughter. Much to Yuqi's protest, he was determined. After hearing what happened, Sicheng felt proud of Yukhei. He could see the love he has for his girlfriend and his child despite it not being born yet. The idea of being a father motivated Yukhei to grow.

Taking his phone out of his pocket, he looked at his wallpaper and smiled softly. It was him with someone he considered close to his heart. Ever since the picture was taken when they were still young, he had treasured it. It was a motivation for him to keep going. Despite not seeing each other for a long time, he remembered the little moments they had—the moments when Sicheng felt his heart beat for the first time. He doubted he was still remembered as it was such a long time ago that they had met. He held on to those moments...to the hope of ever seeing King Seunghyun of Therondia's only daughter.

He wasn't given a chance to see her after that. He was drowned in schoolwork followed by his preparations to become King. After his older brother had ran out and ditched his responsibilities of becoming first in-line, everything was given to him. It was also the last time he had seen his brother. After his coronation, he didn't bother to look for him as he was the one who betrayed his family. There was no point in wasting time to find his long lost brother. Sicheng didn't care enough. Before he could get the chance to see her, he had heard of her departure from Therondia to attend university overseas.

Looking out the window, the spring snow always reminded him of her as it was the season when they had met. In the picture that had been taken of them, a few snowflakes had dropped on the Princess' soft raven coloured hair. The snowflakes were comparable to a tiara. It suit the Princess even more.