Chapter 19

Hermione's POV:

I couldn't wait for Charlie to return. Harry had proposed to Ginny and she cried before saying, "This has been my dream since I was five!" They had scheduled their wedding in two months time and Ron was their best man while I was the maid of honour.

The two had also bought an apartment but they always came to the burrow for lunch. It was now rather lonely at the burrow since it was only me, Ron and Arabella. I was also looking for apartment options but unfortunately, luck wasn't on my side.

Anyway, Charlie was due to be back in a week and I was so excited. 

Charlie's POV:

How I missed Hermione. I had recently received a letter saying that Harry and Ginny had moved out after Harry proposed. Her letters were cute and I couldn't wait to go back and see her. I sighed longingly and as I started to reread her letter, my colleague told me that somebody wanted to see me.

The person was Rita Skeeter who marched into my office and sat on the extra chair. I frowned at her since I remember reading some hateful things she had written about Hermione almost seven years ago. 

She gave me a cunning smile before saying, "Mr Weasley, I know it's unusual to see me in these parts of the world but I'm here to give you a deal. I happen to know something our war heroine AKA Hermione Granger told you during one of your dates in Hogmeade. Something about erasing her parents memory?"

My heart started to beat fast. There had been nobody at the vicinity the afternoon she told me this. I asked her, "How did you know this?" She smiled at me and said, "I have my ways. Anyway, I have a suggestion. I won't leak that information if and only if you date my younger sister who's obsessed with you. It's your choice."

I weighed my options. I could continue to go out with Hermione but ruin her name or I could date this bitch's sister and protect the love of my life from scandal. I nodded at Rita reluctantly and said, "Fine. But you are not to tell a soul of this."She smiled at me and said, "Good. Now it's time to meet your new girlfriend. She opened the door to reveal a woman who looked a lot like her and said, "Tanya, this is your new boyfriend, Charlie Weasley. I will now leave you two. Goodbye Charlie." 

Harry's POV:

I received a letter from Charlie four days after moving out with Ginny. It said, "Dear Harry, Congratulations about the proposal, Hermione told me about it. Anyway, please tell Hermione to meet me in the three broomsticks on Saturday at two. Thank you. I'll see you in mom's brunch two weeks from now, can't make to attend this one. Much love, Charlie."

I wrote Hermione a letter to pass Charlie's message then went out to pick Teddy with Ginny from Andomedra. 

Hermione's POV:

Harry and Ginny came to the burrow on Saturday with Teddy. It was almost like the old times except there was Arabella. I liked that girl because she was intelligent and curious, just like me. We could talk for hours on end and Ron would occasionally say we act like sisters.

I was preparing myself for my date with Charlie and I apparated from the burrow at half past one. I saw the familiar mop of red hair and I felt happy. I sat across him and he looked at me with a blank look in his eyes. This was not right.

I looked at him lovingly at said, "Hi babe. I've missed you so much." He merely grunted, took a deep breath and said, "I'm breaking up with you."