𝟭.𝟮 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝘀

» [WDYWFM] «
The Neighbourhood
2:15 ───〇─── 4:40
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"no, i like your hair. and you are pretty."

-

"well, i know you didn't enjoy it, but thanks, for dealing with me and stuff." sadie said and took another sip from her coffee.

this was probably the first time finn heard her say something nice to him. they barely talked during the week, and when they did, they weren't the kindest to each other.

finn just nodded, and watched her fidget with her fingers. her long, fire red hair was still damp, and her freckles were more visible. she had a pair of ocean blue eyes that could pierce through your soul. her lips were a natural pink, she was just overall natural. and finn liked it. did he, actually? no, he didn't. did he?

even though sadie genuinely thought that he was an arrogant ass, she had a very small light of hope that he might indeed be a nice person. if he wasn't, why would he even bother to do all this anyway?

"so you still live with your parents?" finn asked.

"with my mom and my siblings, yeah."

it was weird having a proper conversation.

"your dad?"

"he... he is not with us anymore." sadie said quietly.

"where is he?"

sadie hesitated to say anything about it. she could've said 'it's none of your business' or 'he just left' but she just couldn't hold it in.

"he died."

"oh." finn said awkwardly. he would ask more questions about this, but he could read the redhead's face, she didn't want to talk about it, at all.

"why did you say all that, finn? i mean, why are you just so rude?"

finn didn't respond. he just examined her deep blue eyes.

"why can't we just get along? i know i'm not the prettiest, but you didn't have to say that my hair is ugly and all that in front of everyone i just met." she sounded like she was hurt by what he did, and she was, but she knew she shouldn't be. she didn't want to be seem as vulnerable in his eyes, and also his opinions didn't matter for her. they shouldn't.

"no, i like your hair. and you are pretty." finn said suddenly, not taking his chocolate brown eyes away from her ocean blue ones.

maybe his opinions did matter, just a tiny bit.

the redhead put a shy smile on her pale face. she regretted what she said just after saying it because she thought he'd make fun of her again, or say something mean. she was surprised he didn't.

and he was surprised too. she examined her for a while. just looking at her, observing every inch of her.

then he shook his head and started to laugh.

"i'm only joking, idiot. you really believed that."

sadie's wide smile faded away immediately. she blinked for a few times, looked at her coffee, then at finn. he had a vague grin on his face, like he didn't know whether to laugh or stay silent.

she put her mug on the coffee table abruptly.

"i'm going."

"you didn't even finish your coffee though."

"i know." sadie said while reaching down to her wet dress. "where is my phone?"

"here." finn took it out of his pocket. "you can't go by yourself." he said, getting up from the couch.