"I was just about to knock" he said as he lowered his fisted hand.

"um hmm" she said stoically

Um hmm? That's what I get. He was about to retort when...

xx

"WHAT DID YOU DO IN HERE?"

"Allah Miyan! What's wrong with you? Subah Subah kya chilla rahe hain"

"Main chilla raha hoon? Apne bathroom ki haalat dekhi hai" his horror-struck voice squeaked as he took in the condition of his once lovely bathroom. Did she just bathe a cow in here?

He slipped on the wet towel that graced the floor and caught himself just in time, but not without dropping the army of products as he blindly tried to grab onto the counter.

"No! my anastasia palette...Mr. Khan" she yelled

"Ms. Faaroqui" he yelled back

She rose his eyebrows up at him daring him to continue. His eyes suddenly softened.

"Mrs. Khan" Her pulse jumped.

"Can you please clean this up?" It didn't sound like a plea at all.

"No" she simply said and walked away

Asad stared at her retreating form incredulously, attempting to follow suit, stepping on a bottle cap on the way and trying not to rip his hair out.

He grabbed her roughly by the shoulder and turned her to him. Agreed she looked gorgeous in the baby blue suit, but she still needed some explaining to do.

"What is this Zoya? Why are you acting like this?"

She looked at him coolly grinding his nerves all the more.

"I am not acting like anything. I think you are imagining things." He held her gaze then, his own narrowing at her bogus coolness.

Fine! Yes, she was mad...she was stomping mad!

He had taken so long to come into the room last night that she had actually fallen asleep and when she had woken up there was no trace of him anywhere beside her?

Did he choose to sleep on the settee instead? Why did you marry me if you didn't want me?

Hell yes she was mad, and she had to feed her anger before she crumpled into a sobbing, weeping mess at his feet.

So, she trashed his bathroom.You signed up for this compulsively cleaning emotionally challenged Jahapanah!

She was too afraid to touch anything before, careful not to move a thing out of place. But the raging heartbreak got the best of her. How could he not show up on time and ruin her plans of faking sleep...Allah miyan the nerve!

His narrowed eyes became wider as she stepped closer to him.

"What the hell is your problem?" she spit out acidly. Her fury couldn't be feigned now. His fingers dug into her skin. She was sure it would leave marks.

"What the hell is yours?" he said matching her tone.

"What even took you so long last night?" she screeched into his face on the verge of tears, but her face turned somber as she realized what she had said.

So that's why she was acting like a brat?

Hope bloomed inside him. "I mean...woh main..." A stunned Asad smiled lovingly seeing her nervously stutter.

"Ayaan aur baaki sab baat karna chahte the, aur sabke saamne toh...isliye main ruk gaya" he answered truthfully.

"Oh" She felt stupid all of a sudden. You moron gadhi zoya! Why can't you control your monster mouth. She happened to look at the bathroom...and your monster instincts.

"I...umm...will clean it up"

As Zoya shook free of his loosened grip moving towards the site of her messy crime, she felt him stop her. She turned to find his fingers curled around her wrist.

Asad moved closer, her scent intoxicating him. The disarray behind him lay forgotten as he stared back into his wife's kohl lined eyes. He felt her shiver as he tucked some wet strands of hair behind her ear.

She could hear her heart drumming...his intense gaze stuck to her trembling lips ignited something feral inside her...it scared her... excited her. The other thing that had kept her up for the last two weeks...his damned stares.

As she stood there with her nerves stretched and breath tangled, for the first time she wished her phuphi would just barge in abruptly.

xx