Kuroo x Kenma

Kenma wasn't new to lazy days with Kuroo, he actually preferred lazy days to grueling training in the sun. The sun leaked into Kuroo's room from a nearby window, speckling the floor with its rays. In the middle of those rays sat two boys, well, one sat and the other was laying down with a magazine. The air was hot and humid but not uncomfortably so, even with the humidity neither of them felt uncomfortably sweaty. As he stared at the DS in his hand collecting coins from the Mario Bros world, Kenma could hear the plastic fan from Kuroo's side table whirring away.

Sometimes the two would nap on the bed or sit side by side and play on Kuroo's X-Box but today they found themselves relaxing on the floor. The only noise besides the fan was the dings and 'yahoos' from the game and the flipping of pages of Kuroo's sports magazine.

The air felt heavy to Kenma, but it was nice. Moments like these were full of nostalgia and made his heart feel both giddy and heavy at the same time. He had spent many hours in this room, the amount of time definitely amounted to well over a year if you added up each time he had been there. He'd known the raven-haired man since he was five, they were friends so quickly Kenma couldn't even remember the defining moment that labeled them 'friends' they just always were from the moment they met.

It was twelve years ago so his memories were hazy but if he thought about it he could remember his first thoughts upon meeting the boy. When they met they were around the same height, Kenma liked to claim he was bigger but neither could prove it one way or the other. Sometimes the height difference irked Kenma, they grew up together and ate the same things, and yet he was quite a few inches shorter than his best friend. Oh right, Kenma's first thoughts when he met Kuroo...

"What weird hair," Kenma mumbled while jumping onto the top of the flagpole, satisfied as it earned him a 1 up. It just wasn't worth it if he didn't get the very top, the points meant nothing if he wasn't happy.

Kuroo shifted and looked at Kenma through the corner of his eye, "Who has weird hair? Mario?" He chuckled a little as his own words causing Kenma to roll his eyes.

"You," Kenma replied without looking up as he started another level, "It's like a rooster...what was it Akaashi called you..." Kuroo had a few nicknames around the teams but Kenma remembered Akaashi's made him laugh.

Kuroo huffed and looked back up at his magazine, "He calls me 'Pain-in-the-ass-Kuroo-San' and you know it." Kuroo didn't seem genuinely upset at the nickname so Kenma laughed a little at it, "You know what he calls you?"

Kenma shrugged, "Pudding-San I think, but, you call me Pudding Head so it's not that weird." Kuroo sat up a little and then snatched the DS from Kenma with one fluid movement that came from years of practicing agility, "Kuro!" Kenma was shocked for a moment and then tried to reach for the DS.

Kuroo held the DS further and Kenma crawled over his abdomen to try and reach it, "What? Were you in the middle of a level?" Kuroo asked playfully.

"Yeah, duh," Kenma replied. He snatched the DS back and looked at the damage to his score, it wasn't too bad but the time bonus would be harder to get. He made a small noise to show his anger and then settled down, laying over Kuroo's stomach with his arms outstretched as he continued the level.

Kuroo set his sports magazine down and picked up another one but Kenma didn't care enough to note what it was. He focused on his thumb power to get through the level in time, "You're heavyyyyy~" Kuroo teased but he made no move to relocate Kenma.

"Sucks," Kenma replied offhandedly. He didn't show it on his face but he was a lot more content laying on Kuroo than he was on a regular bed. He felt more secure with the taller boy around. The two rarely cuddled in the true sense of the word but it wasn't newsworthy if they did. They just enjoyed being near each other.

The two fell silent and Kenma let out a content sigh. Silences with Kuroo were rarely ever awkward, they felt familiar and comfortable to the quiet teen. He could still hear the fan but it had been long enough that the noise faded into the background. The only new sounds were birds chirping from a tree that stood next to the window.

Kenma finished the level and barely acquired the time bonus due to Kuroo's meddling. Speaking of Kuroo, he looked over to find the magazine sat over his face. Kenma reached over and lifted the end of it to see a sleeping face he had seen many many times before, he set the magazine down and looked back at the DS.

Kuroo wasn't the most comfortable surface, in fact, he was really bony and his muscles weren't soft. It was like laying down on a hardwood floor that was inconsistent in its landscape. But Kenma still found a way to enjoy the times he got to be in contact with it, even if it was super uncomfortable. He enjoyed being close to somebody he cherished, although he wouldn't dare say this out loud.

The DS in his hand chirped to remind him it was on. Kenma stared at it for a moment with his remarkably cat-like eyes before he clicked the power button and watched the screen phase to black. Time felt thick and the air felt like molasses to Kenma. Carefully he closed his DS and set it aside before laying his head down on Kuroo's side.

He wiggled for a few moments, turning to one side and then the other, until a hand landed on his back making him tense, "Stop..moving so much..." Kuroo said. Kenma decided not to reply and instead snuggled into Kuroo, making himself as comfortable as he could be.

He wasn't sure if Kuroo went back to sleep but he let the invisible weights under his eyes take control. It only took a few minutes for sleep to find Kenma, carrying him away from the world into a new world of sweet dreams.