14 || A Win and a Win

Start from the beginning

The rally was still ongoing, Shiratorizawa's Ushijima spiked the ball and it went to Kageyama. Everyone around was quiet, carefully watching the match.

Just one point left for Karasuno.

Deep in your heart, you wanted to shout and cheer. But you were left with no words. The nervousness, worry, and fear all mixing in.

Hinata mixed in, slowing down his tempo. Kageyama sets the ball and Hinata jumps up, spiking the ball.

It was quiet. Only the ball bouncing on the floor can be heard.

You didn't notice you were standing with your mouth hung open.

There was a long whistle.

Then the gym was filled with cheers.

The other members rushed to hug the ones inside the court. They were crying tears of joy, including the ones on the audience and Shimizu who was beside you.

You fell onto your seat, trying to process everything that had happened.

Tears were threatening to stream down your face, then you started crying just like everyone else.

"Huh? Kageyama what's the matter?" You heard Hinata ask him.

You felt someone approach you. Someone tall, and warm. Maybe because of his sweat? You could tell he was standing there infront of you because of the shadow, but you just hung your head low.

"l/n."

It was Kageyama.

Looking down, you could only see his feet. But then, you saw his knees touch the floor.

You looked up, and you were now face to face with him. He had knelt down infront of you.

"I-I like you, boke."

And there, it felt like the world stopped moving, and it was just you and him.

You just started tearing up more.

"The King made l/n cry." Tsukishima commented.

Kageyama just realized what happened and he instantly turned red. He looked away and stood up.

"Let's start dating." He says shyly, still looking away from you.

You slowly stood up, unnoticed by Kageyama who was looking at his side. You hugged him. Infront of everyone. In Sendai City Gymnasium.

You both don't know how many people's attention both of you caught, but sure it wasn't only Karasuno Team.

"Of course... Tobio." You say with the sweetest voice you can.

Calling Kageyama by his first name, made him flustered and shy.

"Oi boke! Don't hug me I'm sweaty." He stiffened up a bit from the sudden affection.

"I don't care." You reply.

"You know, you can't just ignore someone for a whole month and tell him you like him" He says as he hugged you back.

You blushed deep red. You were embarrassed. He was right, that day on the bus stop, was the first time you talked to him after a month of ignoring each other. And the first thing you did was confess.

"Tsukishima, in this match, you're the MVP." Coach Ukai said.

"But the real winner here, is Kageyama. Congratulations, don't stress out your girlfriend okay?" Coach Ukai patted the back of Kageyama, teasing him.

"Kageyama!! Treat all of us pork buns!" Hinata demanded.

"So this is why you asked Yachi to bring l/n here?" Sugawara asked. Kageyama nodded.

"If you hurt my cousin I'll kill you!" Tanaka threatened him.

All of them were expressing their happiness for the both of you. They didn't expect this from Kageyama, being the quiet guy he is.

Bonus:

"Iwa-chan, let's go home. It's over now." Oikawa stood up, walking towards the exit.

"What about l/n?" Iwaizumi asked.

"You didn't notice!?" Oikawa was shocked that Iwaizumi was clueless.

"That's so cute!"

"She's lucky!

Iwaizumi looked at the direction where the talking girls where pointing, and he saw you there with Kageyama kneeling infront of you.

"Alright, I get it now." Iwaizumi stood up from his seat, following Oikawa.

"Her boyfriend would walk her home right? You don't know anything about relationships." Oikawa mocked Iwaizumi.

"Shut up Shittykawa, you should still text her. Tell her we left already."