Tyler looked a bit uncomfortable. “Look, I’m not saying I’m against the idea but, can we not talk about this now? I mean, that’s kind of way way way into the future right? And we have other shit that we should be focusing on here, in the now. So can we leave that for our future selves to maybe not awkwardly talk about?”

I stared at him for a minute before laughing. God. Tyler is so cute. “What about sex?”

And I just had to say the wrong thing again? What happened to my tight filter? When Tyler broke down my walls earlier in the park, did he damage my brain filter as well? I’m reminding myself of how Naomi talks.

Tyler’s face was straight as he said, “I’m not having sex with you.”

I gasped, “What? Why not? I mean I’m not saying that you should sleep with me like tonight or now, but, are you saying you wouldn’t….ever?”

“Alice,” he said my name with every bit of frustration laced in his tone, “We are not going to talk about this.”

“But really? You won’t…ever?” I repeated, tone heavy with real disappointment.

“Not….ever,” he muttered, “Of course I…” he glanced at me and blushed. “Look, we’re not discussing this. We’re not going to plan it out. It’ll just…happen. Unplanned and unexpected. But we are not talking about it on our first fucking date.”

I could not control the giddiness that took over me. “So you are sexually attracted to me!”

“Goddammit Alice!” he roared, but his face was still quite flushed. He dropped the laced of his shoes and proceeded to pinch both my cheeks, stretching them and making me look ridiculous. “Stop it right now or I’ll—“

“Hool hat?” You’ll what? Is what I wanted to say but it was very difficult to speak with him messing with my cheeks.

He seemed like he was having a hard time coming up with something to threaten me with. I was enjoying the messy flickers of his thoughts projecting on that handsome face of his. His brow knit together and his green eyes focused on me, his lip twitching into a frustrated frown which I’ve become overly fond of. He let go of my cheeks, merely cupping my face in his palms. “You know what? I’m not going to do anything.” He smirked and then let go, stepping back and picking up his discarded shoes.

“What do you mean you aren’t going to do anything?” I asked, not quite getting what he was saying.

He just smiled and stared at the waves. “Ty,” I whined. Well, he found one way to shut me up about sex, which was to ignore me completely. I rubbed my cheeks and scooted a bit closer to him, nudging him a bit to get his attention. He didn’t bother with me at first but after a few more nudging, he turned with a raised brow, asking me if I’m going to try talking about it again. I flashed him a sheepish grin and shook my head.

He smiled and uncrossed his arms, holding his hand out once again for me to take, which I gladly did.

The sun was slowly setting, casting a beautiful array of colors reflecting on the ocean. “So…” I said, still watching the scenery in front of me. “Should we head home?” I asked

“I was going to ask you if you wanted to eat dinner out,” he chuckled. “But honestly, I’d rather eat my brother’s cooking.”

“Sounds great. Did he always cook that brilliantly?” I asked. “Your mom was always the one handling the food when I used to visit.”

“Yup. Whenever they were busy with work or just too tired, West would cook something up and serve them in their room, or in dad’s study. I was in charge with deserts, although I’m pretty sure West can make them as good as me.”