Chapter 1 | Names & Ultimates

Third Person POV:

Makoto woke up on a desk in an empty classroom.

    "W-What? Where am I? What the heck is going on?" He asked.

    He stood up and then saw something on his desk, it was an orientation guide, it read: 'The next semester is about to start, starting today this school will be your entire world.'

    "What the hell? Is this someone's idea of a joke?" He wondered aloud.

Makoto looked around the strange classroom. There were metal plates bolted onto the windows, a tv, and also a security camera. That was all of the unordinary stuff, the rest of the classroom looked normal. It had desks, a chalkboard, a clock, a podium up at the front, etc.

"Okay, let's see. So what might have happened here is, I got myself so wound up, I passed out in the main hall. And then someone carried me here...? If that's true then that must mean, this is a classroom inside Hope's Peak. But then if that's true, that just raises more questions. This is all really strange. I mean, those metal plates covering the windows... It's like it's a prison or something. None of this makes any sense." He mumbled to himself. "I should probably head back to the main hall. It's already past the meeting time. There might be others students there now." He thought and exited the
classroom.

"Jeez, this hallway is weird too." He mumbled as he looked around the hallway, which appeared to have a sort of purple glow.

    "This is getting stranger by the second. I honestly have no idea what going on." He thought.

Makoto then stared to make his way towards the main hall. When Makoto arrives there were already students there, standing and waiting.

    "Everyone is already here." He thought.

    "Whoa, hey! Another new kid?" A male with large hair asked.

    "Huh, then you guys are all...?" Makoto asked, trailing off at the end.

    "Yeah... we're all new here. Today's supposed to be our first day of class." A girl said.

    "So counting him, that makes eighteen. Seems like a good cut-off point, but I wonder if this is everyone..." a larger male said.

There, standing in front of Makoto, were the Ultimate Students that were hand picked by the school.

    "Um... how's it going? My name's Makoto Naegi. Sorry I'm late. A bunch of stuff happened, and then all of the sudden I was just... asleep." He explained.

    "That happened to you too?" A girl wearing a black sports jacket asked.

    "Things just keep getting curiouser and curiouser..." A girl with large black spiral hair said.

    "It is a bit odd, isn't it?" A girl with a tape measure around her neck asked.

    "So strange... I declare beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is a strange situation indeed!" The large male said.

    "Um... what are you talking about? I honestly have no idea what's going on right now." Makoto told them.

"Just a moment! There's something else we must address!" A male in a white suit shouted. "Makoto! Your tardiness is unacceptable! Surely you were aware that the meeting was to start at 8am sharp! To be late on your first day is unspeakable! I must report you, and you must accept your due punishment!"